The end all Salt edc pair!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
murphjd25

The end all Salt edc pair!

Post by murphjd25 »

I finally found the (My) end all edc pair!!! These two are going to be perfect together! Spydiechef and Manbug are amazing knives!
Josh
JerryIsAlive

Re: The end all Salt edc pair!

Post by JerryIsAlive »

Didn't realize the manbug salt was already out. May have to scoop one to match my Dfly salt and ladybug hawksbill salt
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Good stuff Josh, ordered the MB today myself, looks like a mini chainsaw ;)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Oh it definitely is a mini chainsaw alright!! It's a nasty little bugger!
Josh
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Sweet, glad to see the Manbug salt is already available! Nice combo.
-Nick :bug-red
vivi

Post by vivi »

I'd get a manbug if it came from the factory with a functional tip. That squared off stuff is gross.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Vivi wrote:I'd get a manbug if it came from the factory with a functional tip. That squared off stuff is gross.
And on the 8th day, God created the Dremel, and lo he decreed thusly onto man, whoever shall have desires for pointy tips, shall have them.

Or something.

I'm a little unsure about the size. Anyone care to take some closed comparison pics with a Ladybug? I had planned for this to be my keychain knife but that looks like a porky little knife.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Vivi wrote:I'd get a manbug if it came from the factory with a functional tip. That squared off stuff is gross.
not a fan? ;) I like pointy tips as much as anyone (I edc a yo2) but the sheepsfoot have their uses. I'm definitely getting one of these, I like variety. Spyderco should make a PE ZDP Hawkbill Manbug too, we'd both be happy, I'd have more variety and you'd have a tip. :p
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
greencobra

Post by greencobra »

i've been waiting on that manbug myself, glad it's here. my ladybug hawkbill is one busy knife in the few weeks i've owned it, this will be a good companion.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
not a fan? ;) I like pointy tips as much as anyone (I edc a yo2) but the sheepsfoot have their uses. I'm definitely getting one of these, I like variety. Spyderco should make a PE ZDP Hawkbill Manbug too, we'd both be happy, I'd have more variety and you'd have a tip. :p
Good gravy, that would be epic! :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Nate

Post by Nate »

Evil D wrote: I'm a little unsure about the size. Anyone care to take some closed comparison pics with a Ladybug? I had planned for this to be my keychain knife but that looks like a porky little knife.

I prefer the Manbug so far (Ladybug is my wife's). To me, the absolute size difference is negligible on a keychain, but I also used getting the Manbug as an excuse to go pretty minimalist on my keys otherwise. Just house key, car key, and MB. I have a seperate keyring with less frequently used keys, etc., that rides in my backpack.
:spyder:
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Evil D wrote:
And on the 8th day, God created the Dremel, and lo he decreed thusly onto man, whoever shall have desires for pointy tips, shall have them.

Or something.
Does this mean someone used the cut-off wheel attachment on the dremel and removed the 8th day?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Nate wrote:
Evil D wrote: I'm a little unsure about the size. Anyone care to take some closed comparison pics with a Ladybug? I had planned for this to be my keychain knife but that looks like a porky little knife.

I prefer the Manbug so far (Ladybug is my wife's). To me, the absolute size difference is negligible on a keychain, but I also used getting the Manbug as an excuse to go pretty minimalist on my keys otherwise. Just house key, car key, and MB. I have a seperate keyring with less frequently used keys, etc., that rides in my backpack.

Awesome. The Manbug is a bit thicker too right? I only have a 3 keys, a fob remote for my car and my Ladybug on my keys but 2 of the keys are car keys and are on the thick side. I do hang the Ladybug from a little knot of paracord so you may be right and I won't notice the size difference. It looks like it'll be a lot easier to open one handed too.
~David
Nate

Post by Nate »

Evil D wrote: The Manbug is a bit thicker too right?... It looks like it'll be a lot easier to open one handed too.
I thought about checking that... right after I left the house lol. Will take a look when I get home. I also have the Hap40 MB, so I can check if it's any different than the Salt one.

As far as opening, yes, I feel like the little bit of extra purchase on the MB handle makes it easier to operate one-handed.
:spyder:
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Nice pairing, Josh. Just ordered the MB, thanks to your post. In a few days, I'll be right there with you.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Nate wrote: As far as opening, yes, I feel like the little bit of extra purchase on the MB handle makes it easier to operate one-handed.
Larger handle has to help, but it looks like this knife has a bit larger thumb hole and it looks like it's raised up a bit compared to others.
~David
bwunger

Post by bwunger »

I've been waiting for the Manbug Salt to drop too. Looks like a great companion to my normal EDC knives. I usually carry a PM2, 940-1 or CRK Inkosi so the little serrated sheepsfoot should be a great compliment. Also great for biking and running when I don't want something big or something I have to worry about getting all sweaty.
Current collection: ZDP-189 Delica 4, S110V PM2, St. Nick's 4v Para 3, H1 sheepsfoot Manbug, Kapara, VG-10 Dragonfly, ATS-55 Serrated Delica, ZDP-189 MT04 (not broken yet) + Other non spydercos.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I find this Manbug very easy to open with the slightly larger hump from the sheepsfoot blade. It really is a great LBK.
Josh
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
ZrowsN1s wrote: I'm definitely getting one of these, I like variety. Spyderco should make a PE ZDP Hawkbill Manbug too
Good gravy, that would be epic! :D
It would be functional as heck, I would EDC. Maybe I'll start a thread. Srry for going off topic on this one :o
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Got my shipped notice today, actually pretty excited for this one, been carrying my SB Manbug every day for over 3 years now, such a great little knife, might be time to change things up.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."