paramilitary 3

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Crux

Re: paramilitary 3

Post by Crux »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:38 am
Hoping to add that StNicks exclusive to these guys in another 10.5 hours!

Resized_20180814_184518.jpeg
Did you?
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I did!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
lonerider1013

Post by lonerider1013 »

These guys in NJ have the para3 for 129$US. I got mine in person but they sell online too. They have camo, black and purple in stock as of this afternoon when I was there.
http://www.cutlerymania.com/spyderco-pa ... amouflage/

Lonerider
"A fool's blade may be sharper than his brain"
“Learn to ride a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live." - Mark Twain
M4Life

Post by M4Life »

The Para 3 is my absolute favorite knife and since I picked up the M390 version it is the only knife I own 2 of. The comp lock is great and in my opinion executed even better than on the PM2, because on the PM2 the blade tang can nick your finger when closing it if your finger is too high up on the comp lock, but on the Para 3 the blade tang will never hit your finger when closing it. Also my Para 3s have had a little bit of a break in period that will smooth out roughness that you might feel on a new para 3 during slow openings. taking it apart and adding some nano-oil to the pivot area and where the blade tang of the para 3 engages the lock also really helps smooth out the knife.
Just a man with a plan and a knife in hand.

My knives: Para 3 S110V (customized), Para 3 M390, PM2 S110V, Manix 2 CPM 154/S90V, Dice, Rubicon, Vrango, Native 5 CPM 154/S90V, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug, Chaparral LW, Kizer Megatherium
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

If I did not already have a few Spydercos with blades between 2.5” and almost 3” I would be more interested in the Para 3. The build and ergonomics are fantastic. But, since it is a bigger knife I wanted I went for the Para Military 2.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Crux

Post by Crux »

MichaelScott wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:06 am
If I did not already have a few Spydercos with blades between 2.5” and almost 3” I would be more interested in the Para 3. The build and ergonomics are fantastic. But, since it is a bigger knife I wanted I went for the Para Military 2.
I think the PM 2 is great and was my first Spyderco. I still have a few around. The Para 3 was just a better fit in my hand and doesn't look as aggressive when you whip the thing out in a public setting. Besides my Para 3, I carry a ZDP-189 Endura in my left pocket and it covers for the MP2
which would be a PM2 except that the compression lock is left-handed and in s30v only. I had one and sold it to a left-handed friend.
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

I got my first Para 3 yesterday and wow this model is nice!

I was on the hunt for a PM2 in Maxamet for a while but never got to find one. I was not interested in the Manix 2 LW or Native 5 for this steel. But then a week ago a few Para 3's in Maxamet showed up at dealers for normal prices, so i had to jump on it. I was interested in this model but never really had the urge to buy one yet. Until now.

I already got a PM2 which i like a lot, but the Para 3 just has the perfect balance. The overal size is very pleasing to the eye and more in balance than the PM2 i think. It fits my hands perfectly. Even better than the PM2 which is already great. The blade size is big enough for me in edc and because the blade is a bit shorter and less pointy than the PM2 it looks less intimidating. Being shorter also gives you a bit more control with the tip of the knife. My version came with perfect drop shut action out of the box. Centering also perfect and super sharp. Did not have to do a thing to it!

I was planning to get PM2 in several sprint run steels, but this knife made me change my mind. I am going to collect different steels in the Para 3 now. Seems to be easier to acquire sprints for too. Because of this i also decided to skip the DLT 20CV PM2 sprint yesterday. I already had my eyes set on the StNicks Para 3 for the 4v steel (and to try this model). And i was lucky to manage to get one, but that one is still being held hostage at customs in Amsterdam. Can't wait for it. Being so impressed with the knife i ordered a REX 45 Para 3 the same day from a dealer too!

Now i need to hunt down some Cru-Wear and M390. I'm also hoping for a future sprint in K390. The Bentoboxshop Blue M390 looks amazing, but **** that shipping to EU is expensive there. And the prices on Ebay are just crazy while this sprint is not even sold out..
And Cru-Wear prices are through the roof too. Think i'll have to wait for a better priced future M390/204P/20CV and Cru-Wear sprint.

Had these 2 in the mail yesterday:
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Are the scales on the maxamet p3 really that dark? If so I love it
Last edited by Woodpuppy on Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:05 pm
Ate the scales on the maxamet p3 really that dark? If so I love it
Sorry, but they are not even close to being that dark.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Too bad. Maybe Spyderco needs to use a dark charcoal gray on some sprint. Would look awesome.
Crux

Post by Crux »

The black carbon fiber models look charcoal in the light. It's hard to post a good photo with the proper color but if you look at the pic i posted of all Para 3s you can kinda see. There are two in the pic. That's why even though I love so many of them (especially the last few) the s90v CF is still my favorite because of the color.
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

We got a Para 3 in Cruwear coming soon from KnifeCenter. This was mentioned by a user on bladeforums who spoke with KC. Since it wasn't mentioned over here yet and i haven't seen any official statement i thought i'd give you guys a heads up. I guess it will be like the PM2 with smooth black G10. But we will have to wait and see. I am quite excited about this cause i still need a Para 3 in Cruwear and it is impossible to find the old Cruwear sprint anymore.