Factory Tours?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
EDC Honeybee

Re: Factory Tours?

Post by EDC Honeybee »

Cogito wrote:
buccilli15 wrote:
Cogito wrote:Are the knives at the SFO discounted at all?
Not sure of the percentage, but they are slightly discounted off MSRP. They are still quite a bit higher than online dealer pricing and you will have to pay Colorado tax if buying in person...but whatever, I still bought a few knives while there.
Thanks, bud. I really wanted make the drive because I thought I would save a little bit of cash on multiple purchases, but maybe I won't even bother now. With the money I would spend on gas and hotels, that's like 3 other knives I could buy if I bought online.
You can do both if you wait for the seconds sale. Its a big annual/sometimes annual sale of the factory seconds. Some seconds are pretty much mint, others have chipped blades, scratched scales, etc. The prices are below anything you will find online.
MSRP=100%
SFO~90%
MAP=60%
Seconds~40%
Cogito

Post by Cogito »

EDC Honeybee wrote:
Cogito wrote:
buccilli15 wrote:
Not sure of the percentage, but they are slightly discounted off MSRP. They are still quite a bit higher than online dealer pricing and you will have to pay Colorado tax if buying in person...but whatever, I still bought a few knives while there.
Thanks, bud. I really wanted make the drive because I thought I would save a little bit of cash on multiple purchases, but maybe I won't even bother now. With the money I would spend on gas and hotels, that's like 3 other knives I could buy if I bought online.
You can do both if you wait for the seconds sale. Its a big annual/sometimes annual sale of the factory seconds. Some seconds are pretty much mint, others have chipped blades, scratched scales, etc. The prices are below anything you will find online.
MSRP=100%
SFO~90%
MAP=60%
Seconds~40%
Awesome idea. Thanks, man!
devin

Post by devin »

Hi

Thanks, it's really helpful and appreciated for everyone.
what is a discount for SFO & 2/3 probably?

please sent details.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Devin,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Cogito wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:10 pm
buccilli15 wrote:
Visiting SFO isn’t about the money.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
markg

Post by markg »

Most factory stores are at MSRP or the discount is lower than you would find at most dealers. Under cutting your dealer network is a bad business practice.