Fairly comprehensive list of Spyderos in movies, tv shows, etc

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vlawson

Re: Fairly comprehensive list of Spyderos in movies, tv shows, etc

Post by vlawson »

This is awesome! Thanks!

Although...I'd love to see a list in alphabetical order by knife model...that way one could search for their favorite knife!
"Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby, edgy and dull
and cut a six-inch valley through the middle of my soul"
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

To find all the movies and TV shows with your favorite Spyderco,
go to page 1 of this thread and use the ctrl+f function on your keyboard.

Thank you Kiwigunguy for all your hard work.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

Just saw the current episode of Criminal Minds and it looked like the bad guy was using a fully serrated JD Smith or some model similar to it.
Kiwigunguy

Post by Kiwigunguy »

Deleted.
"An experienced shooter of limited skill and dangerous enthusiasm." -Hitman: Blood Money newspaper
"Stop having a boring knife, stop having a boring life." -Shamwow Guy in Jail
"Also, I think knives are a good idea. Big, f u c k-off shiny ones. Ones that look like they could skin a crocodile. Knives are good, because they don't make any noise, and the less noise they make, the more likely we are to use them. S h i t 'em right up. Makes it look like we're serious. Guns for show, knives for a pro." -Soap in Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels
Kiwigunguy

Post by Kiwigunguy »

Spiderwatts wrote:I've seen a couple on episodes of "Fast n Loud" over last couple of years. An excellent show in my opinion too.
Fast N' Loud has been added to the list under Unconfirmed TV Show Sightings.
SpyderNut wrote:Just now watching an episode of "Castle" on TNT that features what appears to be a SS Delica (SE?). It's kind of cool because the character using it is holding it steady for several seconds so it is easily visible. This is Episode 99 (2013) Part 2 of 2.
Castle S05E18 has been added to the list under Unconfirmed TV Show Sightings.
camvdcs wrote:Just saw the current episode of Criminal Minds and it looked like the bad guy was using a fully serrated JD Smith or some model similar to it.
https://youtu.be/KCtAsHz7WbU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm fairly certain that what we are looking at there is a serrated Benchmade 840 Ascent.

A big thanks to everyone for there help. I never would have been able to find those sightings otherwise :) .
"An experienced shooter of limited skill and dangerous enthusiasm." -Hitman: Blood Money newspaper
"Also, I think knives are a good idea. Big, f u c k-off shiny ones. Ones that look like they could skin a crocodile. Knives are good, because they don't make any noise, and the less noise they make, the more likely we are to use them. S h i t 'em right up. Makes it look like we're serious. Guns for show, knives for a pro." -Soap in Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels
SG89

Post by SG89 »

TV series Shades of Blue, season 1 episode 2
Looks to be a Spyderco Chokwe
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Kiwigunguy

Post by Kiwigunguy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:TV series Shades of Blue, season 1 episode 2
Looks to be a Spyderco Chokwe
Your sighting has been added. Thank you very much for your help.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Kiwigunguy listed Bad Boys in his first post, but I just watched it and snagged this image. The director lingered on the Civilian as it slowly turned and flashed. It has to be one of the most sinister Spyderco scenes in cinema. Martin Lawrence is standing at a urinal while it creeps up on him.

1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Just saw this on an episode of Expedition Unknown. Looks like a Delica clipped to Josh Gates' belt loop.

:bug-red-white
Kiwigunguy

Post by Kiwigunguy »

gbelleh wrote:Just saw this on an episode of Expedition Unknown. Looks like a Delica clipped to Josh Gates' belt loop.

Nice. Thanks for that. Which episode was that in?
Also, what handle colour and blade grind does that look like to you(or anyone else)? It's definitely not black based on the clip colour.

That is certainly an interesting way to carry a Delica. I'm not sure how practical that would be, but it's nowhere near as stupid as the whole clipping the knife outside the pocket thing from The Walking Dead. Although, Lori was more brain-dead than the walkers so that shouldn't come as a surprise. :D
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Looks like maybe British racing green
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Yeah, I thought it was probably a BRG, ZDP-189.
This was an outtake and deleted scene episode that aired earlier this week.
:bug-red-white
v8r

Post by v8r »

In the movie Heat with Melissa McCarthy and Sandra Bullock there is a Spyderco Rock Salt hanging in Melissa McCarthy's characters gun safe.
Joyce Laituri

Post by Joyce Laituri »

Keep your "peepers peeled" on the upcoming series SIX on the History Channel. It's a drama based on Seal Team Six produced by the Weinstein Co. No release date yet, and we never know if our knives make it in until the edited version is out, but we are in the running!

Joyce :D
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

That is pretty awesome, Joyce. I will have to check that out! Thank God for DVR. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
SpyderMule

Post by SpyderMule »

You deserve the Pulitzer for this…

Looking forward to hunting down the pertinent scenes!

Thanks,
Sid
Kiwigunguy

Post by Kiwigunguy »

v8r wrote:In the movie Heat with Melissa McCarthy and Sandra Bullock there is a Spyderco Rock Salt hanging in Melissa McCarthy's characters gun safe.
The movie you are thinking of is called The Heat, and is on the list already. Thanks nonetheless, and keep up the good work. :)
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Spydergirl88 wrote:Looks like maybe British racing green
The color looks like a denim blue Kahr to me. But the blade shape is wrong. It could be British Racing Green though.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Kiwigunguy

Post by Kiwigunguy »

gbelleh wrote:Just saw this on an episode of Expedition Unknown. Looks like a Delica clipped to Josh Gates' belt loop.

gbelleh wrote:Yeah, I thought it was probably a BRG, ZDP-189.
This was an outtake and deleted scene episode that aired earlier this week.
Doc Dan wrote:
The color looks like a denim blue Kahr to me. But the blade shape is wrong. It could be British Racing Green though.
I'm about 80% certain that it is a British Racing Green FRN Delica 4 ZDP-189, so I have added it to the list as such. :D
Thanks to everyone who contributed. :spyder:
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Breaking Bad Season 4 Episode 11 Crawl Space, Tyrus Kitt cuts restraints off Walter White. It's quick and not a good view of the knife but I think I see a thumb hole when Tyrus closes the knife. Black handle, silver blade. It occurs with about 8 minutes left in the program.