Moran question for Sal

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gorski19

Moran question for Sal

Post by gorski19 »

Hi Sal, are there any plans to produce a Moran with a partial spyderedge? About an inch worth would be divine. I've been thinking about a fixed blade for a field knife and like the look of the Moran. Plus, the dealer I talked to says he has three customers that swear by it. A Moran with about an inch of spyderedge would be perfect for alot of the tough cuts I do while the rest of the blade could be used for skinning etc. Just curious...

Mac
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Mac. I have a fully serrated Moran that I use for general cutting of bushes and small trees. I find it very effective and have though of a serrated offering.

Any opinions here?

sal
sgtmike88

Post by sgtmike88 »

Sal, I'd prefer a partial serrated Moran myself. The 1" suggestion fits my needs too.
gorski19

Post by gorski19 »

Wow Sal, with a serrated Moran at your side, who needs a hunting axe? I agree with sgtmike88 though, a partial serrated edge with anywhere from an inch to a 50/50 would be great IMO. This way the plain edge portion could be used for chores where a cleaner cut is desired. That combo would make a great outdoor/field knife.
Thanks for listening,
Mac
p.s. - I'd like to say one thing about the spyderedge & clean cuts ( though I know this sorta contradicts what I said earlier ). Upon recieving my Dragonfly serrated I made several clean slices through paper with the spyderedge blade. I mean I've cut paper with a serrated edge before but this time it was like cutting air! Don't mean to get to far off topic but I just have to say, kewl...