Spyderco paramilitary 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
NaturalMystic

Re: Spyderco paramilitary 2

Post by NaturalMystic »

Exactly as Sal said. That's also why I have around 20 Spydercos...Moods change and as such, carry options change. While you're looking at the PM2 may I also suggest something smaller from the Spyderco stable like the Ladybug or Dragonfly. I've got three of each of those and one is ALWAYS in my pocket as my small EDC option. Again, if I'm being honest, 90% of my cutting tasks are done with my Ladybug, it's that awesome of a knife! That's also part of the reason I find I don't carry the PM2 as often as I used to I'm also only about 5'6" and find the PM2 a bit big for my hands (ooh that compression lock though!). Using the Ladybug as often as I do, and keeping it in the same pocket as my main folder, the PM2's bigger size compared to the ZT0566 made me decide to carry the 0566 more. I wanted a "big" beefy folder that was quick to deploy as well as disengage. To me, and with the options I currently have, that meant the PM2 or 0566. I love my Calys (I've got two G10/VG10 3s and a 3.5) and carry them as dressier knives, not everyday users, and find lockbacks not as quick to deploy or disengage as my other options. In the end, my dilemma is too many knives, not enough pockets! LOL
Enduraguy96

Post by Enduraguy96 »

Thanks for all advice guys! Definitely the next purchase. :spyder:
para military 2
Fallkniven f1
Endura 4 ffg
manbug superblue
tenacious x 2
manix 2 g10
mb1

Post by mb1 »

HarleyXJGuy wrote:Yes!

Wait was there a question?
Haha! That was funny right thar.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
endgame

Post by endgame »

worst knife ever made.shops have so much old stock they cant givem away.
Pyrite

Post by Pyrite »

Go ahead and get it so you can discover that the Endura will do anything ...it... will. :D
Knutty

Post by Knutty »

Surfingringo wrote:Lol, I bet you will get a couple of positive responses. :). There is a reason why this is probably Spydercos most popular knife. Just go ahead and pull the trigger on this one.

...and welcome to the forum.
I'm pretty sure the Delica4 is their most popular.

I have 3 PM2s and few knives feel as good in the hand to me. Reasons for not favoring it hinge largely upon incredibly annoying legal blade length restrictions, but also on the fact that Spyderco has so many other great options to choose from.

If it's allowed by the idiots-that-be in your particular jurisdiction, the PM2 comes highly recommended. :)
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

Pyrite wrote:Go ahead and get it so you can discover that the Endura will do anything ...it... will. :D
Except admission to the cool guy Para 2 club. Not to mention it is way easier to get custom scales for the Para.

Did I mention how cool it makes you?
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.