Second poll for the FRN Jester: 3 color options

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

What color FRN would you like to see on a Jester Sprint Run?

Navy Blue
54%
British Racing Green
19%
Orange
27%

Total votes: 150

GoldenSpydie

Second poll for the FRN Jester: 3 color options

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Whether or not this helps, here is a second poll, with just the top three realistic choices. (GITD not included as it doesn't seem to be an option in the near future.)

As of the writing of this, here were the top three choices:

#1. Navy Blue
#2. tie-- British Racing Green or Orange

As a reminder, this is a follow-up pole to narrow down the choice of FRN color for the upcoming Jester Sprint.
________

UPDATE AS OF 6/24/2014:

Navy Blue won as the FRN color for the Jester Sprint Run of 2015.

Quote from an email to me from Sal:
Sal wrote:I've been watching the thread. We haven't selected our sprints for 2015. Currently we're keeping a list. We usually do about 4 per year, sometimes a few more. The dark blue Jester is on the list.

sal

________

UPDATE AS OF 4/13/2017:

Maybe I misunderstood the above email? These still haven't materialized. Edited to re-open the poll, because apparently it was originally set to time out.
Last edited by GoldenSpydie on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I voted Navy Blue again. I really have no preference of steel (for once in my collecting life) it could be VG-10, ZDP-189, Superblue, or even something new!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

xceptnl wrote:I voted Navy Blue again. I really have no preference of steel (for once in my collecting life) it could be VG-10, ZDP-189, Superblue, or even something new!
Exactly the same for me.

Really, I would be happy with any of these three colors and any steel, but Navy Blue and VG-10 would be my first pick.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

GoldenSpydie wrote:Exactly the same for me.

Really, I would be happy with any of these three colors and any steel, but Navy Blue and VG-10 would be my first pick.
This is a great point that we are all overlooking. We all love the Jester so why not hope for all three?

Navy w/ Superblue
BRG w/ ZDP
Orange w/ VG-10

Done, no need for more polls and discussion... only dollars! :D
*Landon*
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I voted orange for several reasons. First, it seems like my grey SB Jester request is not being entertained, which is a big loss in my book (I know others don't agree with me on this, but it seemed like a no-brainer...). If it is to be BRG, then the steel should be ZDP-189, which is fine, but again I would prefer the grey SB version before this more standard type of offering. That leaves us with orange, which is a great color and one that they are starting to explore a bit more in their lineup (I'm thinking about the semi-recent arrival of the orange Dfly), so the steel by default should be VG-10. An exciting idea, don't get me wrong, but come on people, a grey FRN jester, think about it!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
remnar

Post by remnar »

xceptnl wrote:This is a great point that we are all overlooking. We all love the Jester so why not hope for all three?

Navy w/ Superblue
BRG w/ ZDP
Orange w/ VG-10

Done, no need for more polls and discussion... only dollars! :D
I like this idea.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Navy blue.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
LC Kid

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

Since I first proposed Orange then there's my vote again.
:)

But I have to say, to be totally honest, that I don't even care about which color ends up winning the poll: I'll buy whatever color makes it to the upcoming Jester run.

And the same goes to the steel, ZDP-189 / VG-10 / Aogami Super Blue: again I don't care.

Whatever happens at the end, I'll get at least 7-9 new awesome Jesters for me, my wife, my daughter, friends or any good friendly knife nut around.
:D
Stay Sharp!
remnar

Post by remnar »

LC Kid wrote:Hi Folks!

Since I first proposed Orange then there's my vote again.
:)

But I have to say, to be totally honest, that I don't even care about which color ends up winning the poll: I'll buy whatever color makes it to the upcoming Jester run.

And the same goes to the steel, ZDP-189 / VG-10 / Aogami Super Blue: again I don't care.

Whatever happens at the end, I'll get at least 7-9 new awesome Jesters for me, my wife, my daughter, friends or any good friendly knife nut around.
:D
I don't know about 7-9, but I would also like to buy several of these for gifts, and I don't have any strong feelings about color or steel. The only request that I have is that they don't do something special with the run that would cause a significant price jump. If that happens, then the idea of buying several for gifts may no longer be feasible.
Ned

Post by Ned »

I voted navy blue, blue is my favorite color...I'll buy one no matter what the color is.
:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I voted BRG for 3 reasons: It's one of my favorite FRN colors, it would match my BRG Stretch & Endura, and I don't want Roman to get the blues ;)

But, if it causes too much of a price jump, I'm OK with blue plus VG-10. Heck, I might even buy my first orange knife.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
M80

Post by M80 »

White
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

M80 wrote:White
White lost in the last pole...these are the top three choices to narrow it down to a final answer. :)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I voted orange. I like orange. :p
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I like all three colors so I'm in for one for sure.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
timlara

Post by timlara »

Still hoping for Orange here, but as others have said, I'd just be happy to get a new Jester of any variation.

All three colors in this poll are great, so my only fear at this point is that too much disagreement could delay the sprint! Don't be "that guy"! Just pick a color and buy one (and a couple backups) when they come out! :D
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Navy blue again, orange and BRG frn have been done before. I wanted to see a new color.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Navy blue again, orange and BRG frn have been done before. I wanted to see a new color.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

If Navy wins I am going to purchase one and send it to Roman. If it is superblue, I will owe him two.
*Landon*
Buendia518

Post by Buendia518 »

xceptnl wrote:If Navy wins I am going to purchase one and send it to Roman. If it is superblue, I will owe him two.
It sounds like he tricked you in a bet. ;)