Native action

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gorski19

Native action

Post by gorski19 »

Was looking at the Native in the catalog last night and noticed that the opening hole seems to be recessed into the handle a bit more than other spyderco's, namely my Dragonfly which has a really nice action for me. I have small hands ( short fingers, thick wide palms) being that the hole sits so far in while the knife is in the closed position, do you think it might prove difficult for someone with small hands to open this model? Ideally, the best way to tell would be to handle the knife myself, but I have not been able to find a dealer in the area (New Jersey). Was wondering if any Native owners out there with small hands had difficulty opening the knife or not?

Mac
PsychGrad

Post by PsychGrad »

Mac,
I have pretty small hands, but have never had
any trouble with a one-hand opening of my zytel native. The hole can be reached easily.

The Native is comfortable and well balanced.

Go ahead and pick one up. Trust me you won't be sorry, it is a wonderful product.

Clay
Paul Work

Post by Paul Work »

No complaints here. Get one, you won't be sorry.

Paul
gorski19

Post by gorski19 »

Greetings fellow spyderfans,
Thanks for the info guys, your advice helped send me in the direction I was heading in anyway ( I was actuallly being pulled in that direction by my inner child ). I am happy to announce that I ordered a Native II today ( like the added heft that the SS handle provides ). also, I ws able to locate a dealer that consistently carries spyderco's and was able to handle several models like the Endura and the Delica. If the Native II cuts as comfortably in my hand as the SS Dragonfly I have, I will be one happy camper...and from what EVERYBODY has told me so far I'm sure it will!
Many thanks,
Mac
mario

Post by mario »

Not only cuts everything smoothly, but is one of the few Spydercos in "good size and weight" that you can have with your suite. My preferred combination: thick silver grey silk tie, Rolex Explorer and my SS Native.
Class is not fresh water..

EX ALTO FULGOR