Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TXZerb

Zome!

Post by TXZerb »

Yellow/Green Delica 4 Zome, S30VN. My first Zome and I really dig the colors!
Woodpuppy

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by Woodpuppy »

Pm2 rex45! I got in on the p3 feeding frenzy and began to regret passing on the pm2. Luckily found one in stock at a vendor I’d never heard of before. :cool:
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Lil’ Lum Nishijin
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:49 am
2013 Forum Native 087V!!! :D

I accidentally sold this knife off years ago (to Matt I believe!) and have been kicking myself ever since. This is about the only Native 5 I don’t have with my CC number on it! For an OCD freak like me, it’s a good day! :)
That's my favorite Native 5, I have 2 of them!

Native 5 Cutlery Shoppe on the way(accidentally), maybe other stuff too.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:01 am
EDIT: I just read through the announcement thread for the 2013 Forum knife. It's kind of neat to see how excited everyone was for this one.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59288
OMG. 25 pages with no picture of the knife and half the pages were some seriously non-shiny mess that Kristi had to lock. What a hot mess!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:52 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:01 am
EDIT: I just read through the announcement thread for the 2013 Forum knife. It's kind of neat to see how excited everyone was for this one.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59288
OMG. 25 pages with no picture of the knife and half the pages were some seriously non-shiny mess that Kristi had to lock. What a hot mess!
Haha yeah it was! I posted after reading only about half of the thread. I went back later and finished. It got a little crazy.

From what I remember others saying, the 2013 Forum knife ended up selling out really fast. I imagine there was some hostility after that.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

All that fuss over that forum knife and I easily acquired three of them all at different times for the original price or less. I have also sold two of them since then and only have one left. The two I sold were not all that easy to sell. I just sold one of them about two weeks ago for $10 more than what they sold for new. That was after putting it up for sale on the exchange twice. The second time it was up there for about three weeks before it sold.

A lot of the excitement was, I believe, that it was the first production folder in S110V. That doesn’t sound that exciting now but it was a big deal then. The S110V Mules sold really fast too. However, I sold a backup S110V Mule a week ago for more than twice what I paid for it. Go figure?

The 2013 forum knife is one of my favorite knives and I carry it often. I just sold the backups because I recently decided to purge myself of all duplicate knives. They were just a waste of money and tying up funds that I would rather spend on knives I don’t already have.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Native 5 Fluted Carbon Fiber. ....excited for this one as I'm a CF junkie!

James
Holland

Post by Holland »

Just bought a pakkawood dragonfly from knifecenter. First time buying a knife from the states since the border issues. Hopefully it gets here
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:

I accidentally sold this knife off years ago (to Matt I believe!) and have been kicking myself ever since. This is about the only Native 5 I don’t have with my CC number on it! For an OCD freak like me, it’s a good day! :)
Congrats on getting it back!

It was actually "Sully" that you sold it to, and I got it from him. I ended up selling it to someone on BF. Very cool that it came back to it's rightful home. Nice job! :)
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydersense wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:12 pm
RadioactiveSpyder wrote:

It was actually "Sully" that you sold it to, and I got it from him. I ended up selling it to someone on BF. Very cool that it came back to it's rightful home. Nice job! :)
It sounds like it's well traveled! :)
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
legOFwhat?

Re: MT27 Mule Team Micro-Melt® PD#1

Post by legOFwhat? »

:spyder: My 1st Spyderco fixed blade/mule! Scales and boltaron sheath. :cool:
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
vivi

Post by vivi »

medium grit bench stone. i've been finishing with my medium rods on most knives lately...figured I could get an even better edge using a wider stone.
:unicorn
Wanimator

Post by Wanimator »

A eBay deal on an old used Military. "Gear" style jimping. Looking forward to fixing it up.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Spydersense wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:12 pm
RadioactiveSpyder wrote:

Ahh, that's right Matt, it's all coming back to me now (especially after a bit of searching my old emails ;))! I gave Sully quite a ribbing over selling the knife to someone else, although he did very kindly offer to sell it back to me first way back then. Looks like he hasn't posted for over a year now, hope things are well with him. It certainly is a well-traveled knife, having four owners in a bit over 5 years!

I also read over the 2013 forum knife thread again -- don't think I even posted in it! I am in just as much disbelief now reading some of it as I was back then. It certainly did stir up a lot of emotions in folks. :D Despite all that, it was definitely the N5 that hooked me on the model - I think I have somewhere around two dozen different N5s now, most with my number on them ;).
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
vinnyd34

Post by vinnyd34 »

Max1.jpg
Manix 2 Lightweight Maxamet. Got the last one from Midway.
Good luck and stay sharp! :D
Delica G-2 Serrated x2, Delica Serrated AUS-8, Delica 4 ZDP-189, Delica 4 Semi VG-10, Para 2 CPM S110V, Manix 2 Maxamet, Para 2 Cruwear, Byrd Cara Cara 2 G10, Polestar BD-1, Calypso Jr Superblue.
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Meerkat Sprint! Can't wait. :) :spyder:
"No matter where you go, there you are"
Forest Elk

Post by Forest Elk »

Received my Lil Native Compression Lock yesterday... As Eric's logo is stamped on the blade, I think it is his design... Well done, Eric! It fits my relatively big hands perfectly and with the compression lock its an addition for urban EDC to my PM 2. Really a stout gentlemen'a folder!
Leeroy37

Post by Leeroy37 »

711D7E6D-946D-4665-B297-B693930F2FE6.jpeg
blues

Post by blues »

Urban LW, K390 should be hitting my mailbox in the next little bit. (Purchased from a forum member.)

Been wanting to check out the steel.
- Retired from the chase -