Moran and question about Tek-Lok

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Curmudgeon

Moran and question about Tek-Lok

Post by Curmudgeon »

I just received a Moran drop point. Wow, what a great knife. I’ve only had it a day and I already like it a lot more than a couple of high dollar customs I own that are in the same size range. The Moran just plain out cuts them and is more comfortable to use. I do have a question about the Tek-Lok belt fastener. Do they come in different sizes? The one I have looks considerably smaller than the one pictured in the instructions and the holes do no line up for the cross draw position
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Carmudgeon. We felt that the smaller clip would better serve the model. We were also under the impression that the smaller clip would serve all of the carry positions.

Once we had them in stock and began shipping them, we realized that the smaller clip did not go into the "cross draw" postion as did the larger clip. All of the other positions worked ok. We are now going back to the larger clip even though it seems large for the knife.

If you would like to exchange the small clip for a larger one, contact Mike at Spyderco Warrantee & Repair.

sal