Sheath design - need help

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

Sheath design - need help

Post by sal »

Welcome to the R&D end of our forum. Kind of like the unofficial discussion of ideas, designs, materials, etc.

First problem.

We're looking to connect with sheath designers that are very familiar with fixed Blade sheath design. We have a number of FB designs that we're considering. Sheaths are of paramount importance and we would like to "do it right".

If any of you can recommend "expert?" sheath designers, name & numbers would be appreciated.

sal
gaijin

Post by gaijin »

Kydex is my favorite sheath material - durable, easy to clean, has natural lubricity, etc. etc.
The best custom maker/designer of Kydex sheaths is:
BLADE-TECH INDUSTRIES
3060 South 96th Street
Tacoma, WA 98409
Tel: 253-581-4347
Fax: 253-589-0282
http://www.blade-tech.com
hth
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

You might want to consider Bob Dozier. He makes excellent kydex sheaths for his fixed blades.

You can see some of his stuff online at http://agrussell.com/ within the "handmade knives" section.
Curmudgeon

Post by Curmudgeon »

I highly recommend Eric Noeldechen at On Scene Tactical. Great designs, quality workmanship and the best customer service you have ever seen. His e-mail is ericn@mnsi.net , His phone number is
(519) 733-9890. Eric has made two sheaths for me and they are great.
Paul Work

Post by Paul Work »

I also have two On Scene Tactical sheaths. Great quality & design. Eric is a great guy to do business with.

Paul
sal

Post by sal »

Thanx for the input. I'll be chasing down sheath designers later this year. I know some of them, but I'm alwaysw lookin' for the "improvements"

sal