Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SG89

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Post by SG89 »

abbazaba wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:29 pm
20% off at Campsaver.com using code "TWNTY20". Lots O' :spyder: to choose from.

Interestingly you can preorder knives, including the REX PM2 (for $108!). Hard to imagine that working out, but I went for a Kapara.

Credit to Dutch_Henry via BF (who is probably now banned)
Prepay pre order?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Ya, looks like they charged my PP account for the Kapara preorder.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

abbazaba wrote:

Interestingly you can preorder knives, including the REX PM2 (for $108!). Hard to imagine that working out, but I went for a Kapara. Code works multiple times, but only one item per order.

I tried to preorder the PM2. We shall see! Lol!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

abbazaba wrote:

Thank You!

Picked up a Native 5 C41CFPE5 CPM 154/S90V
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

abbazaba wrote:

Interestingly you can preorder knives, including the REX PM2 (for $108!). Hard to imagine that working out, but I went for a Kapara. Code works multiple times, but only one item per order.

Thanks for this! I'm tempted to pre-order the Kapara or Mantra 3 but I have another in mind that'll save me even more money. Gonna think about this one on the ride home from work.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Used the 15% POPULAR code at The Ozark Source on Ebay last night, picked up a ZDP Dfly for my best friends birthday, he lost his two months ago and it never turned up, so a replacement seemed like a good present. He loved that knife.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I had never heard of Campsaver before. I sure hope they are a reliable outfit.

In spite of owning several hundred Spyderco's, I didn't yet own a Shaman. I ordered one from them now, we'll see how it goes.

Dang, that's something like 5 new knives I've bought this past couple of weeks, I need to stay off the computer! :)
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

I have to admit I had to do a double take on Campsaver to figure out how I got redirected to Optics Planet. I am also in on the Rex PM2. We will see..... :rolleyes:

My new shop mat and salt arrived today along with a couple of gifts for a nephew & niece.
2018-08-15 16.04.32.jpg
michaelm466

Post by michaelm466 »

rodloos wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:01 pm
I had never heard of Campsaver before. I sure hope they are a reliable outfit.

In spite of owning several hundred Spyderco's, I didn't yet own a Shaman. I ordered one from them now, we'll see how it goes.

Dang, that's something like 5 new knives I've bought this past couple of weeks, I need to stay off the computer! :)
I've ordered a couple times from them in the past (camping stuff, not Spydercos) and never had a problem, actually I received my order early than expected.
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

CXXX wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:24 pm
abbazaba wrote:

Thank You!

Picked up a Native 5 C41CFPE5 CPM 154/S90V
Ok. This 20% coupon pushed me over the edge. Got the Native 5 C41CFPE5 SPRINT too.
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

Campsaver is a reputable site. I used to order tons of outdoor gear from them. The Spyderco selection is all new and like many outdoor sports stores, they frequently have 20% off sales.
jstew622

Post by jstew622 »

Jumped on the Rex 45 deal. Ended up being $107.

Had to call their customer support because it now says the knife is 172.99 bus was 134.99 before. Not sure if they just raised the price but The Lady I spoke with was able to adjust it. Woohoo!
D4rka2nx

Post by D4rka2nx »

Wow the discount with the paramilitary 2 rex is tempting , how long do you think their "backorder" is?
michaelm466

Post by michaelm466 »

D4rka2nx wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:00 am
Wow the discount with the paramilitary 2 rex is tempting , how long do you think their "backorder" is?
Quite possibly infinite, I still tried anyway, you do pay right away though.
setldown

Post by setldown »

KnickKnackCity wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:07 pm
I have to admit I had to do a double take on Campsaver to figure out how I got redirected to Optics Planet. I am also in on the Rex PM2. We will see..... :rolleyes:
If your're being redirected to Optics Planet don't hold your breath. I ordered a Para 3 Maxamet back on April 3rd while they were still were in stock. I received an order confirmation and they were preparing my shipment but then they were out of stock and I'm still waiting for them to fill it. (At least they didn't charge me.)
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

michaelm466 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:29 am
D4rka2nx wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:00 am
Quite possibly infinite, I still tried anyway, you do pay right away though.

Yeah, im crossing my fingers on the PM2 I pre-ordered. I did place a second order for a Native LW and a third order for a Chappie.

The Chappie will be my first Taiwan Spydie. Interested to compare the quality to not only my other Spydies, but other Taiwanese knives and tools. Ive always just thought of Taiwan stuff as awesome quality at crazy low prices for the most part, so I balked at the high prices of the Taiwan Spydies. Im sure the quality is there, but if you look at the tool industry for example, a Taiwanese tool from Harbor Freight that is every bit as good as a Snap On tool (there are plenty out there if you look and research) is a very small fraction of the cost. The Taiwan Spydies dont have that huge "get a USA quality tool for a China quality price" element that I see a lot on the tool side. I have tons of Taiwan made sockets, ratchets, screwdrivers, etc that are amazing quality and were pennies on the dollar vs USA and European tools of the same quality.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

The Chappie will be my first Taiwan Spydie. Interested to compare the quality to not only my other Spydies, but other Taiwanese knives and tools. Ive always just thought of Taiwan stuff as awesome quality at crazy low prices for the most part, so I balked at the high prices of the Taiwan Spydies. Im sure the quality is there, but if you look at the tool industry for example, a Taiwanese tool from Harbor Freight that is every bit as good as a Snap On tool (there are plenty out there if you look and research) is a very small fraction of the cost. The Taiwan Spydies dont have that huge "get a USA quality tool for a China quality price" element that I see a lot on the tool side. I have tons of Taiwan made sockets, ratchets, screwdrivers, etc that are amazing quality and were pennies on the dollar vs USA and European tools of the same quality.
You will not be disappointed with a Taichung Spyderco regarding quality, fit, and finish.

The old line about quality and price of tools or other products is less relevant than it used to be years ago. China and Taiwan export a large variety of premium quality, high-priced goods all over the world.
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

I just received notice that ebay is offering 8% ebay bucks on purchases over $25 thru August 18.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Preordered Techno 2 from Campsaver.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

BigGrove wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:08 pm
You will not be disappointed with a Taichung Spyderco regarding quality, fit, and finish.

The old line about quality and price of tools or other products is less relevant than it used to be years ago. China and Taiwan export a large variety of premium quality, high-priced goods all over the world.
I would like to echo this. At first I was hesitant, but Taichung has proven to be tied with or ahead of Golden in the F&F department. The Caribbean is my current #1 knife, I am dying to try the larger version.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson