Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Harry White

Post by Harry White »

FYI -- just got my 3 Nav II PEs from the Brown Man. All three are perfect, as were the two I got earlier from STP. FWIW, all are dated "CG" (March 2007), as was the Vagabond I also received.

I think the Vagabond will be seeing a lot of use in the kitchen. The built-in blade guard is practical and ingenious.
Users: SS Police PE, Delica 4 PE, Kopa Cocobolo, Blue Dodo SE, Yellow Pacific Salt PE, Micarta SPOT SE, Gray Calypso Jr, Temperance SE, Burgandy Jess Horn w/ZDP, UK Penknife, BB Delica 3 PE, Captain, CF Military w/BG-42, Lava, Caly3 SE, Para-Military SE, Manix CE, BB Para-Military SE, Delica 4 Wave, Ocelot CE, SpyderFly, Navigator II SE, Vagabond, D'Allara Drop Point CE, Black Assist I, Bug Set (and also: Sharpmaker, SS byrd Finch PE, Profile Set, byrd Firebyrd, Large Spyderpac, byrd Wings)
Detdaddy

Post by Detdaddy »

I got my PE and SE yesterday. I was very surprised how small the Navigators are. They look awsome and feel great. I was not sure how I would like them, because I've never handled the stainless handles. But I really like them. I have no concern about maintaining a secure grip.

The bad thing is the SE had a defect. I'm not sure if it's a spring or the lock, or something else. The blade was EXTREMELY difficult to open after the first half centimeter or so. It was so stiff the lock did not want to engage. Even when it did engage, it did not always pop up all the way. Also, the blade would not stay in the closed position. It would swing open that first half a centimeter or so, which exposed the tip.

I called STP yesterday evening and asked if they could exchange it. The woman gave me no hassles at all. She said a new one would be shipped out, and for me to ship the defective one with the return label that was in the box. I got the email that said the new one was shipped this morning, before I even shipped back the defective one.

I'm disappointed that I have to wait a couple more days. But overall I'm very impressed with the Navigator, and very impressed with STP--both with their prices and customer service. Although I should reserve final opinion until I get the new SE in hand...
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without conviction.
tglahn17

Post by tglahn17 »

I got my blue Yojimbo and CF Harpy from STP. But the real score was the Bill's Khakis pants. I got nine pair. I'll never have to buy pants again. These are the best pants ever. Later,
bh49

Post by bh49 »

They did it again.
see Scorpius, Kiwi, Ocelot..........
By the way do not forget to google for coupons
good luck hunting
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
feeny

Post by feeny »

I wish I never saw this thread.
*green with envy*
markg

Post by markg »

Does not look like super deals as of yet... They can get get better in some time. I would keep watching.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I do not think that they can go any lower than 50% off, plus you can google some additional saving. Two more guys from my work bought their first :spyder: today. :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

markg

Post by markg »

bh49 wrote:I do not think that they can go any lower than 50% off, plus you can google some additional saving. Two more guys from my work bought their first :spyder: today. :)
Oh, they can go lower... ;)

Keep watching.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

markg wrote:Oh, they can go lower... ;)

Keep watching.
May be. :)
I remember them having Persian for $62.50, Dodo for $49.95 and few others really wild deals
Two of my friends got Scorpius PE today for $37.50 (50% off + they found 25% off coupon), which is not bad at all :)

PSU

Post by PSU »

bh49 wrote:May be. :)
I remember them having Persian for $62.50, Dodo for $49.95 and few others really wild deals
Yep, those were good times :D
People say, oh it's dangerous to keep weapons in the home, or the workplace. Well I say, it's better to be hurt by someone you know, accidentally, than by a stranger, on purpose. - Dwight The Office

It's okay for me to talk about my job, as long as I'm not specific. I am the Sergeant of a three-man Rapid Tactical Force at one of America's largest indoor retail shopping areas. - Gecko_45

The more you learn about knives, the better Spyderco looks. - Sal
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

bh49 wrote:... Dodo for $49.95 and few others really wild deals
DANG! Sorry I missed THAT one! Dodo is on my all times favorites, along with the Lil'Temp and one SWEET new one........ :D

Ken
玉鋼
Raqudu

Post by Raqudu »

I predict that SOMEBODY (not me) will get a surprising deal on a black ATR this morning. :)
Raqudu :D

Freedom is never a gift. It is the "pearl of great price" in anguish won.
[RIGHT]- The Theological Concept of Freedom[/RIGHT]

"Well, it's a nice soft night so I think I'll go and join me comrades and talk a little treason."
[RIGHT]- Michaleen Flynn (Barry Fitzgerald) in "The Quiet Man"[/RIGHT]
amen74

Post by amen74 »

Great deal on that ATR. Where are the coupons?
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil
york2

Post by york2 »

I noticed that they have the SS Byrd Finch at 7.95.
Slick

Post by Slick »

giant1 wrote:Sierra wont ship knives overseas. Whats going on over there :mad: Somebody should drag them out of the 19th century
I am way late to this thread but international = extra risk/problems with minimal gain for a deep discounter.

Not to dis you bro but international makes you a riskier customer to a retail dealer. Extea costs with minimal gain.

The current century has nothing to do with their business decision.
Not really all that slick ;)
bh49

Post by bh49 »

They did it again. Keep in the mind: 20% off coupon is easy to find and if you search hard it would comes with free shipping, but it expired today.

Blerv

Post by Blerv »

bh49 wrote:They did it again. Keep in the mind: 20% off coupon is easy to find and if you search hard it would comes with free shipping, but it expired today.
You bumped a thread 3 years old showing discoed Yojimbos for $74?

Please excuse me for a second. I need a small handful of Tylenol...
Peruna

Post by Peruna »

Um, no, Sierra has new deals on waved Delicas, Enduras, and that nice Black Pearl Microdyad. Thanks for the head's up!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I am more thinking about Forager for $72 shipped

Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

I was scrolling through and also wondering how this could possibly be relevant. Alas it was. thanks again.