Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spyderdog

Post by spyderdog »

Has anyone found a valid coupon code for anything today? I found an 8% off $88, but that's it. The other code some of you were using appears to no longer be valid.
The CoPilot

Post by The CoPilot »

This coupon code seems to be working, but it appears that you have might have to pay with American Express to get it:

- SPAM97 for 15% off a $125 order. Expires 9/9/07. You may need to use an AMEX to pay.
><> The most important blood trail leads to the Cross <><
C09 CoPilots My Specialty
Integrity is Being Good Even if No One is WatchingTM
Looking for: C04 Executive plain edge, C09 CoPilot plain edge with brass liners and a G-2 marked blade
bell

Super deal

Post by bell »

Got me a Navigator 2.

Already sent it off to STR for some custom green micarta slabs and low-rider clip. The size and ergos on this knife are perfect for me. The VG-10 surgical steel is too sharp OTB. This will be my EDC.

Thanks for the tip.
giant1

Wont ship knives overseas

Post by giant1 »

Sierra wont ship knives overseas. Whats going on over there :mad: Somebody should drag them out of the 19th century
:spyder: Collector 118
What goes around, comes around
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

I ordered one 72 hours ago and it came yesterday. Wow, super fast shipping. The navigator fits perfectly in my hand. It is a rock solid little knife. It is however hard for me to open since I'm a lefty. I do like it though. :)
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

The now have SE Carbon Fiber Harpys up for $100.
"Always keep an edge on your knife son, because a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life."
dedguy.net
The CoPilot

Post by The CoPilot »

Interesting..........the price on the remaining SE Navigator II's is now back up to $39.95.
Looking for: C04 Executive plain edge, C09 CoPilot plain edge with brass liners and a G-2 marked blade
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

NativeAmerican wrote:Interesting..........the price on the remaining SE Navigator II's is now back up to $39.95.
With all the free advertisement they've gotten, can you blame them? :rolleyes:
shu

Post by shu »

Also, I believe their big anniversary sale ended over the weekend....
Rogcohen

Post by Rogcohen »

bell wrote:Got me a Navigator 2.

Already sent it off to STR for some custom green micarta slabs and low-rider clip. The size and ergos on this knife are perfect for me. The VG-10 surgical steel is too sharp OTB. This will be my EDC.

Thanks for the tip.
Oohhh, that sounds nice! Sierras a bit weird, their prices can a couple times in a day if there are heavy sales (I think, I've never really figured it out.)
Roger
bell

Caveat Emptor

Post by bell »

I got one of the PE Nav 2 from Sierra. Maybe this is just a fluke but blade is cracked.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I got one of the PE Nav 2 from Sierra. Maybe this is just a fluke but blade is cracked.
That is a pretty unusual fluke. They were bragging to me about their return policy when I ordered there one time. I've never heard of a new one with a cracked blade before. Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
The CoPilot

Post by The CoPilot »

bell wrote:I got one of the PE Nav 2 from Sierra. Maybe this is just a fluke but blade is cracked.
I'm sure that Spyderco would be VERY INTERESTED in seeing that blade if you would send it to Golden for a replacement.
Harry White

Post by Harry White »

bell wrote:I got one of the PE Nav 2 from Sierra. Maybe this is just a fluke but blade is cracked.
that must be a fluke. i received two navigators and both were perfect. i also have three more coming tomorrow. i'll let you know what condition they are in when they arrive.

i've never heard of a new knife arriving with a cracked blade! i'm pretty sure there is a return form included in the shipping box -- you may want to contact STP (or spyderco directly). good luck!
Users: SS Police PE, Delica 4 PE, Kopa Cocobolo, Blue Dodo SE, Yellow Pacific Salt PE, Micarta SPOT SE, Gray Calypso Jr, Temperance SE, Burgandy Jess Horn w/ZDP, UK Penknife, BB Delica 3 PE, Captain, CF Military w/BG-42, Lava, Caly3 SE, Para-Military SE, Manix CE, BB Para-Military SE, Delica 4 Wave, Ocelot CE, SpyderFly, Navigator II SE, Vagabond, D'Allara Drop Point CE, Black Assist I, Bug Set (and also: Sharpmaker, SS byrd Finch PE, Profile Set, byrd Firebyrd, Large Spyderpac, byrd Wings)
eljay

Post by eljay »

I'd call Spyderco and see if they want first crack at it, otherwise I'm sure Sierra will do the right thing. They seem like pretty reasonable folks.
bell

Thanks

Post by bell »

Thanks for the advice. Wilco.
shu

Post by shu »

Anyone curious about whether STP will do the right thing can simpy check out their guarantee.

Order a shirt clearly marked "2nds, minor flaws" and if you aren't happy with it they will refund your money.

STP has strong ethical beliefs that they adhere to even if it takes away from their 'bottom line' - much like another company with which we are all familiar....
markg

Post by markg »

I got mine yesterday (Navigator II PE). It wiggled free of the Spyderco box during shipment, but still it arrived safe and sound.

I just want them to put those black ATR's on clearance... :cool:
bh49

Post by bh49 »

markg wrote:
I just want them to put those black ATR's on clearance... :cool:
It makes two of us
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
bk1

Post by bk1 »

I odered a Nav PE last Thursday and they really messed up my order. By the time they worked everything out the warehouse was out of stock-

But-they came thru in the end and found one for me in there Coyote store and it was shipped out yesterday-I was told. Since it did not come from their warehouse no way to check shipment. Told today I should receive it beginning of next week.
I am hoping it is one of the newer thinner Nav 2 but no way of know until it gets here.
:confused:
B