Questionable tag lines & shiny footprints

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
florijn

Post by florijn »

sal wrote:This is a sensitive subject, so I would appreciate your patience and understanding.

The hostility that seems to appear on the forum makes it an uncomfortable place to be. This is opposite the intention.

a negative approach is not good for the industry or Spyderco in the industry.

Intelligent, civil communication is more valuable.

thanx much for your cooperation and kind understanding.

sal
Thank you Sal.
As an overseas collector of multiple brands including of course Spyderco
I welcome your words !!!
You have said what I was thinking.
You guys can be proud on Sal and Spyderco but also the whole US knife industrie that is still out there producing great Amerikan quality knives.
We don't want all of the knives to be made in China........
A strong US knife industrie is important to all users, collectors, economy in general and of course the (US) people that work in the branche.
Here in Europe we have seen way to much jobs and fine industrie that went to China.
You don't have to support other brands but please live in peace.
Live and let live.
Thanks for keeping this board a friendly place for all kind of folk. :)
My addiction
--------------------------------------------
Patience is never more important than when you are on the verge of losing it.
EarthDog

Post by EarthDog »

This is just so great!

Imagine what would be possible if we were to bring this level of class to all aspects of life (business, bumper stickers, politics, driving, ...). Why, we could have a civil society.

Thanks, Sal.
EarthDog
The General

Post by The General »

You got it Sal! :)
My real name is Wayne :D
steeltiger

anything you say

Post by steeltiger »

What you do for me and the others on this forum, I'm happy to do as you ask.

Thank you mr. glesser for giving us a company as great as this.
_''the ultimate awnser to life the universe and everything is......42''----
douglass Adams
_Thats my window on the world, if you dissagre please pm me
_''free and easey down the road I go''-Dierks Bently

TWO BILLION YEARS......
dialex

Post by dialex »

Dear Mr. Glesser,

Thanks for making this place what it is. I really think people like you make a better world, not only by the products they offer, but by themselves as well. You are a true gentleman and an inspiration for me for quite a few years now, and I'm proud to know you among my friends. :D
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
dantecubit

Post by dantecubit »

EarthDog wrote:This is just so great!

Imagine what would be possible if we were to bring this level of class to all aspects of life (business, bumper stickers, politics, driving, ...). Why, we could have a civil society.

Thanks, Sal.
This is really a great point and goes to the core of why I love Spyderco. When I carry a Spyderco I feel like I have a lot more than a knife in my pocket. My :spyder: s are a symbol of integrity which I strive to live by. Seems like most folk on the forum feel the same.
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

You're the boss =]
Hope to see ya back at the NY show, even though I know it invokes way to much drama
radtechmo

shiny footprints

Post by radtechmo »

i will be one of the first to say that i am pretty impressed with the way the members here behave. sal, you are a good man. you manage an awesome company, and you obviously have a clear vision of right and wrong and act accordingly. i have met few men of industry who werent only in it for the profit. i have seen the sharp maker instructional, and have just started communication on this forum, and i have seen many good things here. i am honored to be a :spyder: member, and to have you represent a great american company. and of course, :D thanks for the great knives too!
crunch716

Post by crunch716 »

you're an inspiration to us all, mr.Glesser! ive really looked up to you and ive really been impressed with the way you handle sensitive issues and the way you manage Spyderco. you produce the best knives out there, and that alone would have already made me a great fan. but you and your company go further than that, and show great service and business ethics. what more can a customer ask? Spyderco is one company that's shown innovation and advancement of big-league corporations, while still retaining the warmth and service of a "shop around the corner".

Sal, thanks for showing us that it's still possible to be the best in your field, while still keeping your feet on the ground.. and that it's still possible to have a large, successful company, while still being able to be honest and dedicated to your customers. it seems so simple, but there are only few i know of that's achieve such balance.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi.

Thanx for all of the kind comments. It is appreciated and they are certainly good for my ego, but in reality, I cannot claim all credit.

Spyderco is made up of a small group of "like-minded-people" developed over many years. They have their own very strong core values. They always try to do the right things for the right reasons, and conduct business in an honest, fair and proper manner.

It is not likely that they would permit improper behavior in product or practice, with or without me.

Many decisions are made each day by this team. (Most without my involvement).

I will say that I'm proud to be part of the Spyderco team.

sal
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I love this company's integrity! Sal and team, I salute you all!
Thank you for this forum. You make it a nice place to be. :spyder: :)
- best wishes, Jazz.
bladese97

Greetings Sal...& team

Post by bladese97 »

:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: I am not sure if I've said/typed anything effensive, or hostle; If I have, please let me know If I have over looked it? Oh...I remember one; "The accational round hole" I will find this thread, and correct it. Sorry
:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: "Spyderco...does a pocket good":spyder:
Spyderco Rocks!!!! "A wise man once said all knives were created equal...Obviously, he meant Spydercos''
As of 1-29-08, I am a proud member of Knife Rights!
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

How come this thread no longer has a "sticky" so it will always be at the top of the forum?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

I think it's time for this to come back up to the top for a while.
There is nothing more important than this one day.
steve andrews

Post by steve andrews »

It would be nice if Spyderco fans could extend the same courtesy on the other forums that they frequent.
When I have raised the issue on a certain British knife forum I have been told words to the extent of "Spyderco don't have an official presence here, so I can do what I want".

That doesn't say "shiny footprints" to me.
ClockWork

Post by ClockWork »

Wait...

Are we allowed to talk about other knife brands? Are we allowed to compare and contrast Spydies vs. others?

Although I will say that Spyderco is the sweetest of knives.... I do have many other brands of blades.... What is considered "talking bad" about the other knives company's?
If I say that my Benchmade scratches very very easily... is that wrong?

-Clock

:spyder: = :)
amen74

Post by amen74 »

Sal,

These are the forum rules and I definitely respect and agree with you. It is a priviledge for all of us to have this site and be here. I totally understand your opinion of this subject.

Spyderco Forums would be like any other if we were allowed to bash the competition. That is not why I am here. I am here to discuss my love and admiration of Spyderco knives. Nothing more nothing less.

Thank you Sal

Aaron
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil
SimpleIsGood229

Post by SimpleIsGood229 »

ClockWork wrote:Wait...

Are we allowed to talk about other knife brands? Are we allowed to compare and contrast Spydies vs. others?

Although I will say that Spyderco is the sweetest of knives.... I do have many other brands of blades.... What is considered "talking bad" about the other knives company's?
If I say that my Benchmade scratches very very easily... is that wrong?

-Clock

:spyder: = :)
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but my opinion is that C&C'ing Spydies to other brands is totally fine (in Off-Topic, of course). I see nothing wrong with fair evaluations. It's the unfair bashing of other brands (one particular brand comes to mind) that is frowned upon. That is my take on it, anyway.

Sal, is this an accurate reflection, on my part?
God Bless Texas!
[RIGHT]Avatar courtesy of Dialex[/RIGHT]
Μολὼν λαβέ

2009 - Birth of the H-1 Spyderhawk! Thank you, Sal!
sal

Post by sal »

correct.

sal
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

Sal your an inspiration to me and i feel sure i can say the same for all of us in this forum and i am proud to be a member of this fine group of forum members,I wish you many years of success.