Serrated Edges--Factory Re-Sharpening?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
knifenerd

Serrated Edges--Factory Re-Sharpening?

Post by knifenerd »

This is a question for Sal or anyone else. Will Spyderco resharpen it's serrated-edged blades? This is to settle a running discussion.

Dick
Blades

Post by Blades »

Spyderco will sharpen their knives. Plain and serrated.

Blades
knifenerd

Post by knifenerd »

Thanks for the response, Blades. As far as I know, then, Spyderco is the only company that will resharpen serrations.

Dick
Joyce Laituri

Post by Joyce Laituri »

knifenerd,

I'll answer for Sal since he's out of the office for the next 10 or so days.....

Absolutely! Spyderco will sharpen any product we make. Send it in and/or call warranty and repair for more information or shipping and what information we need. (800-525-7770 X255).

I'm certain Benchmade sharpens their serrations. Anyone out there know which manufacturers do and don't?

Joyce
knifenerd

Post by knifenerd »

Joyce, Thanks for the reply. I'm very glad to hear that Spyderco will sharpen their serrated blades.

The topic came up on another forum in the usual "plain vs. serrated" controversy. I'm glad you set the record straight.

Dick
Paul D.

Post by Paul D. »

Cold Steel will not resharpen their serrations.

Paul
The Stare

Post by The Stare »

Maybe CS will have a change of heart now that Lansky (I think) has developed a Tri-Seps like little ceramic sharpener expressly for CS serrations. If not, then maybe the same $8 tool will enable owners to do the job decently.

Can't help but think the fact that CS doesn't make their own knives is probably the largest factor in the services they offer or NOT. Entirely possible nobody in the company knows how to sharpen a knife. (Can I say that?)L Thompson could just take out a new knife every time his dulled.

Stare
The Stare

Post by The Stare »

Woops. Double tap. Sorry.

Stare

Edited by - The Stare on 5/18/2001 5:06:16 PM
br44

Post by br44 »

What cold steel can't sharpen there steak knives. At least that's what there serrations remind me of. And is there any other serrated knife than a Spydie?