rescue for self defense

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
thalium

rescue for self defense

Post by thalium »

if you had noting else how would you rate its effectivenes it neutilising an attacker.
crecy

Post by crecy »

If your skills were up to the task it would work very well indeed. Obviously it would not work effectively at point, but in cutting it would do fine. I would probably concentrate on making cuts to the weapon arm ala cut and pass style. It would also make very effective draw cuts. I would stay away from hooking techniques with the back of the blade because of concerns about lock failure, not that the lock is inferior, just that those techniques generate a tremendous amount of shear force. Those are my simple thoughts on it.

Greg R. Beeman Si Vis Pacern Parabellum Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
whosyour

Post by whosyour »

I've pondered this question myself.I believe if like crecy said you stick to cutting and passing or in my opinion if you can get a thigh slash or back cut and run like **** it would probably prove very effective.I carry a full size 98 orange rescue in my car religiously and if i'm somewhere and don't have one clipped on(which isn't very likely)I always know it's within arms reach.And trust in it to cut anything.