tim wenger or military?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Robert Martin

tim wenger or military?

Post by Robert Martin »

Which knife do you recomend more for every day carry?
Jazzman

Post by Jazzman »

I would recommend the Wegner. It is a little more people friendly and is a truly heavy duty knife. I also like the Military but it is too big for me. I also like the ergos on the Wegner better. Just my opinion.
Matt
tortoise

Post by tortoise »

I find the opening hole on the Wegner too small. I prefer the nested liners on the Military as well.
Brian_Turner

Post by Brian_Turner »

I carry my Wegner a lot more often than the Military. For my surroundings, the Military's size makes it a hard knife to carry happily. My tasks tend to benefit more from the Wegner's smaller size (blade slightly smaller, handle much smaller) and blade shape, and using the Military in mixed company can be occasionally awkward.

As a subjective view, I like the rounded feel of the Wegner better. I like it's heft.
MWD

Post by MWD »

Geez, that's a tough one! I had both and found them both great knives. I liked the Military for it's CPM-440V blade and the Tim W for the weight. I guess if I had to choose just one, it would have to be the Military. The CPM-440V steel is remarkable!

Just got the Gunting and now have the Chinook on order, wanted that CPM-440V again!

Mark W. Douglas