Need help with customer service

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dalerich

Need help with customer service

Post by dalerich »

I sent a plain edge Military to customer service on 7/17. There was a problem with the G10 scales (see techno junkies forum). Spyderco repair determined that it could not be repaired and I was told that a replacement Military would be sent "soon". This was on 8/4. I inquired on 8/14 as to the status of the knife and was told that it was not sent as of that date. Is there some reason that I am still waiting for the replacement Military to be sent to me? Of the 5 voice mails that I have left to customer service (extension 255) only 1 has been returned. Can someone please give me some information about this? Thanks for listening.
dalerich

Post by dalerich »

I neglected to add the following information
Dale Richmond
217 Orchard St
Fairport Harbor, Ohio 44077
Home ph 440-352-4051
Work ph 440-280=5060
dalerich@oh.verio.com
Beth

Post by Beth »

Dale,

I apologize for not getting back to you yesterday. Sometimes getting a straight forward answer is like pulling teeth. However, I did get one this morning. I will have some new Military models by the end of the week. So, yours will ship out Monday!!! I promise!! Please understand we have only had your knife in house since 7/20/00 and the demand on this model is higher that we are capable of producing. Again, I apologize for the delay but I did not want to give you a false answer before talking with manufacturing. Thank you for your understanding and make it a good day!

Beth Swenson
Spyderco, Inc.
Warranty & Repair
NCBlades

Post by NCBlades »

A lot of Spyderco knives are on backorder. They are very busy trying to get the new knives ready and supply is not as much as the demand for the Military, SpyderRench, etc... Just goes to show you how popular Spyderco knives are. I don't think I could carry anything other than a Spyder. They are the best.