Saber Ground Byrd?

Discuss Spyderco's byrd knives.
SpyderEdgeForever

Saber Ground Byrd?

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

sal and other people who are into Byrds here: What do you think of a Saber Ground Byrd? Good idea or not?
vivi

Re: Saber Ground Byrd?

Post by vivi »

You can buy one. The Flight is saber ground, so is the Cara Cara 1 which you can still find if you poke around.
:unicorn
sal

Post by sal »

I personally prefer full flat but I can see the value in a saber grind and that'w why I design them.

sal
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

sal wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:03 am
I personally prefer full flat but I can see the value in a saber grind and that'w why I design them.

sal
Thank you, sal. You and EvilD/David have convinced me that Full Flat Grind is very strong and durable. Your knives are among the very few I trust to be resilient while having a true Hollow Grind. I once broke a low-quality China-made Marlin Spike "rigging knife" blade in half that had a hollow grind. The blade steel and heat treatment was probably very bad, ofcourse. I excitedly brought it home from a flea market, after the guy who sold it to me said "Son, this is the best pocket knife you'll ever get for five dollars." I gave it one hard tap against a pine 2 x 4 and the blade literally snapped in half. When I went back the next day to see if I could get a refund, the particular seller was gone from the flea market. Ofcourse, I also learned that paying five dollars for "The best knife in the world" is a misnomer.

Thank you and your team for making superb quality knives and having ones that are superb as well as inexpensive for people.