On Hold Private Message?

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
SpyderEdgeForever

On Hold Private Message?

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I was trying to read a new private message and it says this:

You have 1 private message currently on hold because of full folder.

What does that mean and what do I do?
Peter1960

Re: On Hold Private Message?

Post by Peter1960 »

I guess that means: Delete some old messages and you will have enough space for new messages in your storage :)
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

This has emboldened me to ask something I've been wondering about. Our outboxes hold 100 messages. Can we use all that space to store messages, or will they be sent out again like normal messages we send? I know I could experiment and find out, but it's easier to ask ;)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:I was trying to read a new private message and it says this:

You have 1 private message currently on hold because of full folder.

What does that mean and what do I do?
Hi SpyderEdgeForever,
Peter is correct. If you take a look at your inbox you'll likely see a line that states you've used 100% of your inbox folder. The maximum capacity is 100 messages. You need to either move them to a new folder or download them (if you want to keep them) and then delete them from your inbox.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

DougC-3 wrote:This has emboldened me to ask something I've been wondering about. Our outboxes hold 100 messages. Can we use all that space to store messages, or will they be sent out again like normal messages we send? I know I could experiment and find out, but it's easier to ask ;)
Hi Doug,
I don't think you can. You can however create a new folder to store messages in. You're allowed 6 folders and you can store up to 100 messages in each folder. Keep in mind that your inbox, outbox, sent, and saved boxes which are default boxes count towards the 6. If you need to save more than the allowed number of messages you'll need to download the messages and then delete them from the folder they were stored in to create more room.

:)

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Thank you
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Thanks, Kristi. I didn't know we could create more folders.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.