Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delight with sub $100 models

Spyderco Forum Registered User dbcad's Avatar

Delight with sub $100 models

In many cases it's sub $60 dollar models

The blade materials are fantastic, workmanship superb, and functionally beautiful The more I use these the more thankful I am to Spyderco for making top notch folders like this affordable

What are your favorite sub $100 models?

(pic is fun viewing at actual pixels if you like looking at edges)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"

Spyderco Forum Registered User GoldenSpydie's Avatar
    Top to bottom:

Salt 1 ($70) and really great
    C05 Economy (about $40 used) a forgotten beauty
    Mule Team 18 ($90) a great bushcraft blade
    UKPK Drop Point ($40) a very ergonomic slip-joint version of the Delica

Others not pictured:

Delica 4
    PM2 (can be had for just about $100)
    C35 "Q"

and of course my $30 Poliwog and the $70 Blue Lum.

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    I love the Delica and Dragonfly. The Cat also sees quite a bit of use these days.
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    The only real with every day street price sub $100 knives, which I carry and use are native and Jester. I like a lot M2 LW, but I gave it away to a friend.
    I am not sure if you will count, but I paid $75 for my C83 bolstered black micarta Persian, $70 for my lightly used Native5, $68 for my lightly used Caly3.5 (back-up knife).
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    My Resilience was $42 shipped and is easily one of my favorites. Surprised more people don't have them. I guess a lot of people go with the Tenacious due to size, but the Resilience fits me like a glove. Great bang for the buck.

I picked up a 2nd hand Chicago recently and it has proven to be exceptionally useful. I can get it razor sharp, easy one hand open and closing with the liner - lock (which I far prefer to a back-lock), it was cheap enough to not be precious, and I don't have to worry about scaring the sheeple (and get arrested!) when I need to use it.
    "Rules are for the adherence of fools, and the guidance of wise men".
    Military, PM2, Delica IV SG, Manix LW BD1, Chicago

my new Pingo is great, Ladybug Hawkbill SE H1 is my go everywhere, and my SS D'fly was a gift but a great tank of a gent folder...

But the Superblue Endura is the best in class for <$100. You get a tough user in a boutique steel that allows a direct comparison to the VG10 E4.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Almost all of my FRN models were sub $100 and they are among my favorites. The G-10 dragonfly and my Caly 3 CF were both under that magic number and saw loads of pocket time. The G-10 dragonfly still being one of my all time favs. I have not paid more than $100 for any of my secondhand Kiwis, but I don't think that was your question.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User bearfacedkiller's Avatar
    I love my delica. I also carry a cricket sometimes.
    -Darby

Spyderco Forum Registered User dbcad's Avatar
    Just decimated an empty beer box with the Pingo, about 30 pieces Still shaving sharp

Forever curious why more folks don't seem to be able to grasp the real value in Spyderco knives After handling many others I always lean towards the knife with a hole
    Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jax's Avatar
    I only have 2 sub $100 spydies.
    A dragonfly 2,and a ukpk.
    I love them both..

Spyderco Forum Registered User Tdog's Avatar
    For under $100 hard to beat the Delica, se Pacific Salt , or Dragonfly.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Ned's Avatar
    Love my sub-100.00 Spydies!

Current favorites:
    Manbug- ZDP-189 steel, gets carried every day on my keys.
    Salt 1- so light, so sharp, so corrosion resistant, cool titanium clip; really like this knife!
    Urban- Wharncliffe, Orange-G10, light weight, slipit.
    Squeak-Small yet powerful cutter, slipit, deep carry wire clip.
    C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13

Spyderco Forum Registered User tlo14290's Avatar
    I carry a PM2 or Domino every day, neither one of which is anywhere close to $100 in my world, but it's funny, when I have to cut something , 9 times out of 10 my little black Delica 4 comes out of my back pocket...

Kinda hard to beat that little guy, for me.

Native xhp for less than 100 is almost always on me at work now

My other two favorites the od goddard and centofante are both -100 and a steal at that price. I just realized a lot of the knives I use are pinned also. Long live the pinned knives!!!
    ~~~~ USn Catcherman ~~~~ Tasman Se ~~~~ Centofante 3 ~~~~ UKPK blue SE ~~~~ Goddard OD Sprint Pe ~~~~ Ambitious Pe blue~~~~ Zdp Ladybug ~~~~ Manix 2 lwt Pe ~~~~ Delica orange Pe ~~~~ Swick 3 fb ~~~~ Native brown xhp ~~~~ Persian 2 ~~~~

Delica 4, in VG-10 and Superblue.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    Stretch for me . The Lil Matriarch is super cool too.
    Blake

Listing of Blade-Length Laws by State/County (Not My Website)
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

Spyderco Forum Registered User Zatx's Avatar
    One of my favorite spydie's and the one that sees the most pocket time is my Tenacious. All of the advantages of a Para2, but none of the costs.

I own lots of Spydercos, including some very expensive ones, and that cost is the downside. When I go to reach for a knife that is going to be used for some serious cutting I don't want to mess up my really nice knives. In that instance out comes my Tenacious and I commence to cutting without a worry or care in the world. I can get the 8Cr13MoV steel hair splitting sharp and keep it that way with just a few passes on the ultra-fine sharpmaker stones. That edge also polishes up nicely and keeps it's mirrored edge.
    “Open, close, cut, clean, oil, cut, cut, cut... To a Spyderco, that is living. Letting it die in the box is to lose 75% of what we put into it." -----Sal Glesser

Spyderco Forum Registered User gull wing's Avatar
    Yes, this thread makes me want to dig out my old Cento.
    Waiting for....Calypso Jr.,

SCARAMOUCHE!

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    Of the ones that can be purchased new today for under a hundred, it would be the FRN/VG-10 Stretch.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!