Thread: 9000 and Gaining Fast

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Cool 9000 and Gaining Fast

I just logged my 9000th post and it feels like I've only been here for a few months. It's actually kind of embarrassing in a way because there are 3 Brothers that have been here only a fraction of the time that I have and already have many more posts than I do . I do have to work sometimes you know. But I feel like I've contributed to Spyderville's chat room in a good way for the most part. Oh I'm sure I have plenty of detractors and naysayers that would like to see me banned but I know I have more pals than I do foes so I plan on shooting for 10,000 soon.

What the heck I've only got 15,000 more posts and I'll be catching up with the DEACON Look out DEAC I'm gaining fast

Well with empires to conquer and Hawkbill ideas to lay on the table and the Spyderedge needing an ambassador I guess I'll be here for a while ( Lord willing). But I've really enjoyed getting to know a bunch of you guys and gals and Spyderville is just a great place to hang out. Thank you all for putting up with me. The SPYDEREDGE will live on!!!
    Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    Cheers buddy !

(ps: one more ahead of ya )
    Blake

Cool Rub it in, Rub it in

Quote Originally Posted by Blerv View Post
    Cheers buddy !

(ps: one more ahead of ya )
    Yeah BLERV you're one of the 3 I mentioned to be sure Not trying to rub it in are you Like the old Country & Western song used to say Like I said I do have to work sometimes and I've just had 2 major knee surgeries that sort derailed me temporarily

But what the heck I like your posts they are usually very timely and informative. But you and the Deacon better be watching your rear view mirror

Spyderco Forum Registered User jabba359's Avatar
    I've got nothing on you guys. Looks like I have my work cut out for me...
    -Kyle

On the Fence: Tuff, Techno
    Latest arrivals: MT19 PSF27 Mule, Des Horn, Dialex Junior

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jabba359 View Post
    I've got nothing on you guys. Looks like I have my work cut out for me...
    Ha! You've all got me beat. No worries, though. Whichever one of you gets to 11,000 posts first has to buy all of us a Ti-fluted Millie.

Congrats, JD!
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Congats JD. I always find it entertaining to view not only a users post count, but their post per day number. I think Blerv or Deacon hold that record currently.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderEdgeForever's Avatar
    JD, do you like the Caspian Salt?

What are your views on it?

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderEdgeForever View Post
    JD, do you like the Caspian Salt?

What are your views on it?
    I love the Caspian Salt>> I once had a deal worked out to trade for one and it fell through because the guy changed his mind. But I've been sort of on the lookout for one. I like most of the fixed blades in the H-1 Salt Series.

My biggest wish would be for Spyderco to reintroduce the Temperance 1 model in the H-1 Salt Series in SE & PE like they did when they had it in the main line up. It would be a super versatile and affordable fixed blade for fishermen, outdoorsmen, hunters, backpackers or even for hard work that requires a fixed blade. I think a TEMP 1 in H-1 would truly sell very well.

But the Caspian Salt was one of those blades that I just never got around to snagging but I'm hoping that will change soon. Thanks for the well wishes you guys. It's been a pleasure 9000 times over.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jax's Avatar
    Congratulations JD

Spyderco Forum Registered User Johnnie1801's Avatar
    Well done JD and all the long time members. The knowledge and information you guys have is amazing and it's great you are willing to share it with the rest of us.
    Jon

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Congrats!

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jazz's Avatar
    Congrats, JD! Hope you're healing fast. You're one of the few who sticks around. Take care.
    - best wishes, Jazz.

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    Congrats Joe.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    Congrats. Maybe a month or two you'll be at 10k.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker. Waiting on a Squeak, Pingo, and Cliptools with a Split Spring!
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Thumbs up Spyderville never gets dull or boring

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Congrats. Maybe a month or two you'll be at 10k.
    Thanks you guys for the all the well wishes and congrats>> but I'm sure it will take me longer than a month or 2 to get to 10,000 posts. Unless of course we start another big Hawkbill thread like the one I had started a while back Or a Spyderedge thread with a lot of interest.

Never a dull moment here at Spyderville. That's one thing I can say about this great Forum>> boredom has never been an issue here at all. Which is why it's easy to rack up a bunch of posts in a quick hurry. I think I racked up about 3/4ths of them back around 2004 to 2006>> that was the days that the big Hawkbill thread got so much attention.

OK I'll take your alls hint and maybe start another Hawkbill thread. But I'm going to have to really think this one over. Or maybe a Spyderedge thread. OK off to the races.

Spyderco Forum Registered User skatenut's Avatar
    JD, congrats on your number of posts, just sent you a PM.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us, I truly appreciate it. Hope your knees are improving daily.

Cheers,
    skatenut

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    This thread made me realize this month marks 4 years that I've been on this forum. Where does the time go?

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil D View Post
    This thread made me realize this month marks 4 years that I've been on this forum. Where does the time go?
    Well EVIL ol buddy you've only been here less than half the time I have but your right up there already in my rear view mirror. I've also enjoyed many of your timely posts and you've most certainly done your homework. I'm going to be more active since I got these 2 horrific knee operations out of the way. Hopefully I'll catch up on my outrageous expenses associated with all the costs to be able to walk properly again. Because it's high time I got some new Spyders for the footlocker and everyday use too.

We are going through a time with a bunch of great new models and hopefully we'll see some of the old classics I dearly love come back in Sprint Runs with newer/better materials.

Spyderville is a special place where we can all share knowledge and have great fellowship. I'm so encouraged to hear Mr. Glesser say that a new Goldenstone type sharpener is in the works and I believe the year 2014 will be a significant milestone in Spyder History.

OK full throttle ahead >>> maybe it is finally time for a NEW HAWKBILL >> or at least a thread to talk it over.
    Last edited by JD Spydo; 06-17-2014 at 07:28 PM.