Thread: Father's Day Spydie

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Father's Day Spydie

My wife fessed up today that I needed to go to the brick and mortar and get my own FD gift. She had vacation bible school with our sons and had run out of time. B&M sent an email that Sat was 10% off all knives. I had a $75 cap. I narrowed it down to a Meerkat, G10 Dfly (already have the SS), the SB series (I have SB E4), Pingo and Spy DK, and some Salts (all black handled and I like yellow). I was showing one of my 6 year olds a tactical hatchet when he accidentally whacked me in the finger and blood came quick. I did not want him to get too upset so we left. My wife looked at me at 4:15 pm and asked what I got. I replied about the cut and that we left empty handed. She sent me back and so under the time constraint of them closing very quickly, it came down to a Meerkat vs Pingo showdown...don't ask me how or why but I will be opening an orange Pingo tomorrow from my family! They had a Lava that I really wanted, but living within our means is something we always do and the Pingo came home for $53 out the door. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow. Any Pingo lovers out there??

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jax's Avatar
    Congrats on the pingo
    I think it's a cool knife,with a really nice blade steel.

Spyderco Forum Registered User MacLaren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Congrats on the pingo
    I think it's a cool knife,with a really nice blade steel.
    +1
    Vallotton, Caly3.5,Manix 2 XL (gifted to bro),Military Camo/DLC,Domino Blue,Manix 2 XL CF S90v, Manix 2 S110V, Mule Team#19 K390,Manix 2 XL DLC,Rock Lobster
    SpyderNation #31

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Congrats on the pingo. Did you get to hold the SPY-DK? It is another terrific model, it's almost a tiny version of the UKPK.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar
    Nicely done on not getting overly excited on the ax cut. I wish more parents kept a cool head like that. Congrats on the new knife too! (I've held the Pingo many times, but I somehow always end up buying a Dragonfly instead. ) Enjoy your new Pingo and happy Father's Day!
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    I love the pingo.

I think the N690Co will surprise you.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jazz's Avatar
    The Pingo is a tough little knife, and cute, too. enjoy it, and happy father's day. Heal quickly.
    - best wishes, Jazz.

So far really digging it. I generally like at least 3.5", a great point, spyderhole, and back lock, so this a 180 from my normal purchases. Really impressed on the little cutting done so far and the sheep's foot tip is better than would appear, easily scratching my thumbnail with minimal downward pressure. I see the blade shape similarities to the Rock Lobster and some of Anso's other designs.

Congrats! I got a sharpmaker with a set of uf rods. I been wanting one for a while. Nothing says Father's Day like spyderco

^^congrats! cannot beat a SM