Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco 2015 Calendar Contest!

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    An outstanding gift and a great picture Michael. Congrats on the 6 years and the Tusk.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    An outstanding gift and a great picture Michael. Congrats on the 6 years and the Tusk.
    Thank you for the kind words, Landon. I couldn't be more blessed to have such a loving wife. (Not to mention one who puts up with my crazy Spyderco addiction too ).
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuckd's Avatar

(I am having a tough time picking a photo, and then continue to take more so sorry for the continuous changing!)
    Title: "Ti-Guy"

Username: chuckd
    Model: Southard and LadybugII

In middle school I got my first Spyderco knife, the ladybugII black FRN. This handy knife lived at home in my lacrosse bag and frequently was used for aggressive, and sometimes abusive cutting chores. My lacrosse stick has been of titanium for years, and this is where I developed my love of the feel and durability of titanium. My titanium addiction quickly carried over into Spyderco knives. Here you can see the development I have made as a Spyderco enthusiast, and how my two passions have influenced each other.

good luck everyone!
    Last edited by chuckd; 07-28-2014 at 11:04 PM. Reason: new photo
    So many spydies, not enough pockets.

"No one else could ever be admitted here, since this gate was made only for you. I am now going to shut it." Before the Law, Franz Kafka

Spydernation #1990

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Good luck everyone..many fine photos
    Last edited by psmith27; 07-18-2014 at 11:57 AM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Spygineer's Avatar

Small Knife, Big Green Planet

Forum name: Spygineer
    Model: Stainless Steel Cricket
    Title: Small Knife, Big Green Planet

I wanted to show my Spyderco in its natural environment to illustrate its real world practicality. I have at least one Spyderco with me at all times, and none more frequent than my loyal and trusty Cricket. I love how I can feel confident knowing that I have a capable knife no matter the size or task at hand (or shall I say well worn hands). Spyderco has been a part of my daily routine - like my keys, wallet, and phone. I never leave home without it and use it for daily tasks like cutting cardboard and plastics in an effort to "go green". As an added bonus, the month of April is Earth Month!!!

P.S. I can provide the picture with or without the Spyderco logo and text.

Last edited by Spygineer; 07-12-2014 at 02:43 AM.
    I'm Hooked like a hawkbilll!!!

Forum Name: Kaysa
    Model: SPYDERCO DOMINO.

My creation:
    I recently acquired a crystal with interesting formation and colors, it's appearance is mesmerizing.
    The color and the formation immediately remind me the appearance of the Domino's scale,
    as I plan on taking part in this contest, my idea immediately bond these two together.
    I took photos of the crystal, and then find one that shows it's pattern best,
    play around with it in photoshop to make a interesting background,
    which I think is interesting enough to last a full month on a page of calendar.
    And of course the main theme is My favorite Spyderco Domino, again with photoshop's help,
    it appears on top of the pattern half transparent.

I purchased this Mule as a second from the SFO and it has been thoroughly put through its paces as a small kitchen knife. It has been used to do everything from chop veggies to carve chickens and it has performed admirably. Recently, it was in need of a good sharpening, from Diamond Rods up to Ultra-Fine on the Sharpmaker. I thought this picture captures a well-used Mule and the tools necessary to keep it in top cutting form.

Forum Name: jackthedog
    Product: CTS-XHP Mule and Sharpmaker

Spyderco Forum Registered User klug932000's Avatar

My entry

Forum name: klug932000
    Model: C101pbl2 Manix 2

Here is a picture of the knife that started my love of Spyderco products. The Manix 2 lightweight is shown here getting a bath from a small waterfall.
    Last edited by klug932000; 07-24-2014 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Different entry
    Can't wait for the next mule

Spyderco Forum Registered User DerRock's Avatar
    I love Spyderco Dragonfly. This is a great opener for the city. He's small, lightweight, perfectly cut and does not look scary for people around. Sometimes it may be outside the city, in nature, when I forget to remove it from his pocket.

"Two dragonflies"

Model name: C28PWH Dragonfly
    Forum name: DerRock

Fabulous Manix 2 XL Carbon Fiber is quite like Tyrannosaurus Rex - one of the greatest of predators in Spyderco folding knives line. It is Made of the top quality materials, big, tough, strong and definitely deserves respect. Its natural environment is deep and rainy forest where giant ferns grow and carbon had been formed...

Model name: C95CFP2 Manix 2 XL CF
    Forum name: tap78
    My 's: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 ComboEdge Black C11PCBBK

Forum name: skywalker1
    Model name: Endura 4 FFG C10F

I like the Endura 4 FFG, it' s an intriguing design, perfected over the years. I noticed this when drawing it: Even if the proportions were just slightly off, it was instantly noticeable. I myself own two of them, a black and a brown one and decided to draw them with black india ink.
    Last edited by skywalker1; 07-22-2014 at 05:23 AM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jazz's Avatar
    /\
    I really like that, skywalker1!
    - best wishes, Jazz.

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar

Kiwi Sextet

Over the years, many Spyderco knives have become platforms for embellishment and I have always found the Kiwi particularly well suited to it. The six shown here represent the work of as many different artists and feature everything from simple wood scales to ornate engraving, wood marquetry, and cast stone.

Model Name: C75 Kiwi
    Forum Name: The Deacon
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Very beautiful work!
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List: New Stretch prototype Coyote G-10 slab/ZDP test sprint!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Uke's Avatar
    Great entries this year as usual everyone

Forum Name: Uke
    Model Name: Street Beat

As its name would suggest, the Street Beat has to be the perfect companion for a foot patrol! I snapped mine here on top of my well-worn duty boots and the rest of my kit after a long night shift

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuckd's Avatar
    That streat beat has never really appealed to me until this photo...love the shot! Maybe I will be getting myself one of those soon.
    So many spydies, not enough pockets.

"No one else could ever be admitted here, since this gate was made only for you. I am now going to shut it." Before the Law, Franz Kafka

Spydernation #1990

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar

Pictured is my Super Blue Stretch. As a knife I find this particular model to be very near perfection. The weight is light, but not so much for it to feel flimsy, and it absolutely doesn't. The laminated blade is both beautiful and highly functional and is a great example of the extra mile that Spyderco is willing to go to please us knife-knuts. The blade geometry and handle ergonomics are nothing short of superb, and it results in an easy to carry knife that's practical and useful for almost anything that can be thrown at it. This is definitely one of the most iconic Spyderco models, and once you hold one it becomes uncannily apparent why that is.

Model Name: Spyderco Stretch Lightweight Super Blue C90FPGYE
    Forum Name: 3rdGenRigger

Good luck to all who enter!
    Last edited by 3rdGenRigger; 07-30-2014 at 08:23 PM.
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench, SE SuperHawk
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench, Black ZDP Caly Jr.
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User Enigma's Avatar
    Forum name: Enigma
    Model: C169P; C175P; C176P&S
    Title: Mini workhorse

what I wanted to display here is just how versatile these new Spyderco Clipitools are. Knives alone can be used for a multitude of tasks, however with the addition of an extra tool Spyderco have taken it to a new level, these are great EDC tools.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Enigma; 07-24-2014 at 12:25 AM.

Spyderco posting this on behalf of Camden Davison.

Description:
    The Spyderco Manbug G10 exhibits the essence of the "little big knife". Although the small size may at first fool you, the Manbug performs to the level of a much larger knife. One of the many components that makes this blade special is the fact that Spyderco's own founder, Sal Glesser, has designed and often chosen to carry this knife with him despite the vast array of knives available. The small size of the Manbug allows you to have it on you at all times, and that is where a Spyderco truly serves it's purpose. This contest submission photo features the Spyderpac as a backdrop.
    Good luck everyone!

Model Name: Spyderco Manbug G10

CamoBam Manbug Spyderco[1].jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Nicole; 07-23-2014 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Size Adjustment

Spyderco Forum Registered User Ignaz's Avatar

I chose the Navigator 2 for my photo because I think the pinned steel handle, the classic leaf blade and the great ergonomics make it a typical Spyderco classic. I tried to capture it’s minimalist and simple yet thought-out design in this photo. Thank you for the contest.

Forum Name: Ignaz
    Model Name: C93P Navigator 2