Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco 2015 Calendar Contest!

Spyderco Forum Registered User dbcad's Avatar
    Looking forward to seeing this years contributions:) This calendar contest usually has a very good vibe to it:D No doubt there will be a boatload of fantastic entries:)

Enjoy the "Now and Then" Doug. The history and evolution are forever fascinating:)

My knife this year is the Native CTS-XHP. The ergonomics are superb:eek: The blade takes a silly edge readily and keeps the edge extremely well:D The grind is a beautiful compromise of puncture, slice, and tough:D Fit and finish on this model is superb:D I love having this Native in my pocket everyday:D A perfect all around EDC:D

Enjoy the contest all:)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"

Spyderco Forum Registered User

"Everyone has a hobby"

I chose this image as it includes my two favorite hobbies! I started out with motorcycles about 5 years ago and discovered the wonderful world of knives and knife collecting a few years after that, both of which include a terrific circle of people who share the same passions. The models in the image are the recently discontinued Zulu and Superleaf. I also wanted to be sure to include a collaborative piece by spyderco and another knife maker since the collaborations are some of my all time favorite models and they exemplify the great things that can be achieved when creative minds come together.

Psmith27
    Light weight Manix bd1
    "OrgManix"

Colorado is one of the most naturally beautiful places in the world. I wanted to show the union between two Colorado things i love. The manix with wildflowers in my submission is the perfect example. It is only with use and razor sharpening that I've come to know that knife for all its awesome simplicity and usability and it is only through hiking close to the sun that I get to be impressed by flowers.

Good luck to everyone again this year! The manix I featured is a prize knife from a prior calendar contest which I thought might have some karmic power!
    Cheers,
    Patrick
    Last edited by psmith27; 06-30-2014 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Added photo title, shortened wordy description

Spyderco Forum Registered User MarcusH's Avatar

C59BMP Shabaria and C56BMP Tim Zowada

Forumname: MarcusH

I'm a big fan of the Moki-made Spydercos with micarta handles from the "Golden Age of Spydies".
    The first run Shabaria and the second variant of the Zowada are two of my favorite models from that era.
    and...
    An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
    My small collection: http://www.araneomorphae.de
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and beautiful knives. The rest I just squandered."
    Slightly modified, R.I.P. George Best.

At work and doing a truss inspection for termite damage to an existing home. Our engineer asked about the condition of the wood in the bottom chord. Here's the picture I sent of the Yojimbo 2 I had in my pocket that day. We did repair & the Yojimbo was fine, even after a couple of probes into the wood, not a mark on the blade.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Rutgrr's Avatar

Rutgrr
    Techno

This is my favorite Spyderco, the Techno. It's a little big tank. As strong as an Oak. The Techno dwells with its own kind, with an acorn for a companion.
    My s

Quote Originally Posted by psmith27 View Post

Psmith27
    Light weight Manix bd1

Colorado is one of the most naturally beautiful places in the world and in my own personal journey through high level personal cutlery I've come to realize that Spyderco makes the finest user level lifetime knives. There are others to fill your safe with but Spyderco always comes back to my pocket. I wanted to show the union between two Colorado things i love. The manix with wildflowers in my submission is the perfect example. It is only with use and razor sharpening that I've come to know that knife for all its awesome simplicity and usability and it is only through hiking close to the sun that I get to be impressed by flowers.

Good luck to everyone again this year! The manix I featured is a prize knife from a prior calendar contest which I thought might have some karmic power!
    Cheers,
    Patrick
    Wow that is one gorgeous picture patrick. I wish you good luck for the first prize, I think you deserve it. The picture I'm gonna post isn't anywhere close to the beauty of your!
    Owned : Broken tip ZDP-189 Endura, Mule Team 18, Mr Itou R2 180mm Gyoto, Super Blue Stretch, Super Blue Ladybug
    In the wish list model list: Southard, *Yuna Qi 4.1 in K390*, ZDP-189 Ladybug, Chaparral, any AEB-L Sal would make into a folder!

Still trying different ideas, but here's my submission for now. This is a tasman salt laying on some anchor rope from my kayak. The teeth are from some big Cubera Snapper that we boiled down for some fish head soup.

The title.... "All God's critters have knives."

Knife: Tasman Salt
    Username: Surfingringo
    Last edited by Surfingringo; 07-11-2014 at 05:32 PM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User dtoad's Avatar
    Here is my entry for this years contest. My main collection is all of your discontinued Auto’s as well as anything in H1. I’m also a huge fan of the hawk style blades primarily your discontinued Spyderhawk.

I have posted this entry because the Mule Team Project is what brought me to your site. I’m am a loyal customer due to your continued belief that reliable high performance requires on going commitment to your customers and testing.

Member: dtoad
    Entry: Spyderco MT 18

Last edited by dtoad; 06-30-2014 at 09:33 PM.
    Fish on!

My entry for the contest:

A small and close to weightless knife, the Super Blue Ladybug, can be used for most daily task requiring light to medium cutting. The perfect keychain knife. Here shown lying on some wild flowers growing freely around, a few of which I harvested with the ladybug as a small surprise for my wife today.

Forum name: Laethageal
    Knife pictured: Ladybug Super Blue
    Last edited by Laethageal; 07-01-2014 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Added forum and knife name
    Owned : Broken tip ZDP-189 Endura, Mule Team 18, Mr Itou R2 180mm Gyoto, Super Blue Stretch, Super Blue Ladybug
    In the wish list model list: Southard, *Yuna Qi 4.1 in K390*, ZDP-189 Ladybug, Chaparral, any AEB-L Sal would make into a folder!

Ladybugs seem to breed .....

Ladybugs and a Jester

Forum name : PSquared

I had never really carried knives as small as a Ladybug but decided to buy one on a whim. My late father saw it and decided that this would be the knife that he could carry on a daily basis. After 50 odd years of not carrying a knife daily, there was a serrated black 'bug on his keyring until he passed away. I'd also taken to keeping a Ladybug on my keys and currently keep my dad's old 'bug on my office keys and rotate between the others that seem to have multiplied magically on my house keys.

Spyderco Forum Registered User DutchBlades's Avatar

DutchBlades
    Spyderco Endura Damascus/Jigged Bone Sprint ~ C10JBB

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Endura, an already beautiful iconic Spyderco was transformed into the stunning Damascus sprint run version.
    Just by looking at the knife people get amazed by the fact that this solid workhorse can be such an elegant piece of art at the same time.

Just like the Black Widow spider, itís a magnificent sight but still packs a brutal punch.
    The beauty of the Suminagashi Damascus steel and the anodized titanium bolsters makes it stand out,
    but because of the bone handles it looks right at home here in the woods.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good to luck to everyone, there are already some amazing pictures and I want to see more of them!
    A tiger has claws,
    A wolf has teeth,
    An eagle has talons.
    We, have Spyderco.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    DB, your Endura pic is amazing. Well done sir. Question is, how did you train that widow to pose for the shot?
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    DB, your Endura pic is amazing. Well done sir. Question is, how did you train that widow to pose for the shot?
    Thank you so much for the kind words!
    And the widow has been trained for quite a long time...
    I was wondering what would be an original idea for the picture that would still fit Spyderco.
    After allot of ideas, the idea of using an actual spider in the woods came to me.
    Looking around and about for actual spiders that I could use had no succes...
    So I spent the better part of the past week and a half hunting down fake spiders, looking in stores, internet, looking through old toys,
    asking family and friends if they had a realistic fake spider, etc. etc.
    Turns out that most people don't have real looking spiders or fully understand the need of one in the first place

So I spent a long time trying to make my own spider but they didn't turn out good enough.
    The spider used in the picture is my final masterpiece.
    Everything is handmade and painted for this contest entry and I'm glad that it turned out great.
    It now resides in my knife display (climbing on a Spyderco ofcourse ).
    Worth all the time and effort in the end
    A tiger has claws,
    A wolf has teeth,
    An eagle has talons.
    We, have Spyderco.

Spyderco Forum Registered User DerRock's Avatar
    DutchBlades, very nice photo. Pictures on nature is always very attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by DerRock View Post
    DutchBlades, very nice photo. Pictures on nature is always very attractive.
    Thank you
    I do love nature and it always seems to add a little extra to each photo.
    It isn't easy finding allot of "real" nature in the Netherlands sadly
    But after walking around in several parks and the woods I found this spot
    A tiger has claws,
    A wolf has teeth,
    An eagle has talons.
    We, have Spyderco.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    Edit: Wrong thread.
    Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!! X 2, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Manix 2 Cruwear, Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 2
    Grail: A.T.R.

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar

Model: Spyderco Tusk ~ C06TI
    Submitted by: SpyderNut

My darling wife surprised me with the Tusk on July 4th as a gift to commemorate our six-year wedding anniversary. Since the Tusk was designed for use at sea as a marinerís tool, it seemed only fitting to have a picture of it in its natural habitat. Since we live in an area with 101 lakes, I am eager to put this knife through its nautical paces. This picture was taken on our lake at the end of our dock.
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    great photo Michael!
    Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!! X 2, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Manix 2 Cruwear, Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 2
    Grail: A.T.R.

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar
    Thank you, L.C. I took approximately 140 pictures for the contest this year. After reviewing each one on the computer, I finally chose this one. The funny thing is, this was actually the very first picture I took.
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi