Thread: Dragonfly: Super Blue v. ZDP-189

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Dragonfly: Super Blue v. ZDP-189

Does anyone have the Dragonfly in both of these steels?

Can you compare them for me? I love my ZDP dragonfly, and I've been pretty happy with Super Blue in some other knives. Is it worth finding (and it's been hard for me, for whatever reason) the SB dragonfly to try it out? Or should I just stick with my ZDP and be happy?

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    I love my ZDP knives, but never purchased the ZDP Dragonfly (foolish me right). I have the VG-10 as well as the H1 and now the Superblue is on the way. I am a terrible enabler and not the best to ask, but I see no reason for you NOT to buy the Superblue Dragonfly if you already have been pretty happy with it in other knives. According to Brandon..... we could all use more Dragonfly love

Quote Originally Posted by brand0n_xk View Post
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

The reason not to is that I'm having a lot of trouble finding one. I may have to resort to ebay pricing.

Oh, and you definitely need a ZDP dragonfly. It's one of my top 3 spydies, and the most common one I gift. I think I've given it to 6 or 7 people at this point. It's a fantastic knife and even non-knife people appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    The reason not to is that I'm having a lot of trouble finding one. I may have to resort to ebay pricing.
    KW had quite a few earlier today when I ordered mine.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

I'm interested in this, too. I have a DF sized hole to fill, and a wallet-itch.

What's steel the best for careful edc?
    "Rules are for the adherence of fools, and the guidance of wise men".
    Military, PM2, Delica IV SG, Manix LW BD1, Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisinHove View Post
    What's steel the best for careful edc?
    That question has lots of variables. What do you define as "careful"? What are your current knives and edc uses? Do you open mail daily or baton wood for fires?

All of these questions are important, but with nothing else to go on, VG-10 is the most well rounded steel that the Dragonfly is available in and it serves many functions very well!
    My 's:

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User opusxpn's Avatar
    Howes has some available right now, I like ZDP but prefer super blue
    Keep 'em sharpEndura4 (blk all edges, brwn, FG, SB, RG ZDP, blk tac, wave) Salt1 (blk, yllw PE H1)Tasman(yllw SE H1) Pacific salt(blk SE H1) Stretch(ZDP, SB) Delica4(blk CE, wave, SB) Drgfly2(yllw SE H1, org PE,SB PE) Pingo(blk) Cat G10(blk) Centofante3 Ldybg3(FG,SB,Hwk yllw H1, tan H1, blk) Manbug (blk SE, SB) Manix2(Ltw trans blue PE, G10 PE, Ltw dark blue frn) Para2(dig/satin, blk/satin) Military(Cru-Wear) Resilience, Tenacious(blk CE,grn PE), K04 Blk PE, K04 Blue SE, Byrd Robin2 G10

Thanks X. I have one on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    Thanks X. I have one on the way.
    Good to hear!
    My 's:

*Landon*

...i have never held or owned a dragonfly model but think i am finding the S.B sprint most tempting-i have a few of the other super blue sprints...

If you've never owned a dragonfly you owe it to yourself to go get one immediately.