Thread: Reference: Disassembled Delica + Pocket Clip Paint Removal (pics)

Spyderco Forum Registered User Johnnie1801's Avatar

Reference: Disassembled Delica + Pocket Clip Paint Removal (pics)

I decided to clean my Delica today so I thought I would share a few pics for reference of what a disassembled Delica looks like. Also I stripped the black paint from the pocket clip, it didn't look so good all scratched up. I used a bit of steel wool and some nail polish remover and the paint came right off. I then cleaned it with a bit of steel polish. It's not perfect but I much prefer the stripped pocket clip, it fits in nicer with the satin blade and screws I think. I also put a drop of 2 in 1 oil on the washers before re-assembly and the knife feels a bit smoother than before.

on with the pics

Jon

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Awesome job removing the paint
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Looks great!

Seems to be an oder model, as the New coating for the clips is more durable
    Si vis pacem parabellum

Spyderco Forum Registered User Ned's Avatar
    I like the satin clip look and thanks for the exploded views of the Delica.
    C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13

That clip looks great!
    Next Spyderco: Worker Sprint, Lightweight Manix 2 S110V

Spyderco Forum Registered User Johnnie1801's Avatar
    Thanks guys! I got the knife in October 2013, so it is not so old but then again it could have been on the dealer's shelf for a while before he sent it to me. I know that the paint on the Super Blue pocket clips is different but I don't know about the rest of the production models. I have a Super Blue Stretch coming next week so I will let you know.
    Jon

I ordered and installed stainless clips for all my delicas and endura. I think it looks better than black.
    DLC Paramilitary 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V hollow ground, Delica 4 stainless with custom engraving, green frn delica 4 ffg, blue frn delica 4 ffg, orange frn endura 4 ffg, Gayle Bradley