Thread: Remington Recall...

Spyderco Forum Registered User Ned's Avatar

Remington Recall...

Just received some interesting mail the other day, looks like my Remington has been recalled...then there was an article on the front page of the Billings Gazette notifying all owners of Remington model 700's and 7's with the XMP trigger of a massive recall of all rifles manufactured from May 1, 2006 to April 9 2014. Just curious, are you guys going to send your rifle back to Remington? This is going to be a lot of rifles headed back to the factory.
    C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13

Spyderco Forum Registered User Officer Gigglez's Avatar
    Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.
    I don't have one, but If I had one from 2006 and have had no issues, then no I wouldn't. A 2014 model? Yeah, probably.
    Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
    -Tenacious G-10, Combo edge
    -Tasman Salt, PE
    -Persistence Limited Edition Blue G-10, PE
    -Pacific Salt, Black, PE
    -Delica 4, Grey FRN, Emerson Wave, PE
    -Karahawk collector's club #015, Custom Scales, Emerson Wave, PE
    -DiAlex Junior, G10, PE
    -Byrd SS Crossbill, PE, Custom Engraved

Spyderco Forum Registered User Pinetreebbs's Avatar
    Yes, apparently excessive assembly adhesive (thread lock?), was use to assemble the trigger mechanism and makes the trigger unreliable.

I contacted Remington and mine is in the affected serial number range. They are supposed to send return materials, but it been a few weeks and I have yet to hear back from them. I will send mine back. I know people that have replaced their trigger with an aftermarket trigger and will not be returning their rifles. I would be fine with taking the trigger apart for cleaning and reassembly myself. I am careful and have done similar work before, but if I sell it or give it away I don't want a cloud over the rifle.
    Have you joined Knife Rights yet? Go to: www.KnifeRights.org
    Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Ned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinetreebbs View Post
    Yes, apparently excessive assembly adhesive (thread lock?), was use to assemble the trigger mechanism and makes the trigger unreliable.

I contacted Remington and mine is in the affected serial number range. They are supposed to send return materials, but it been a few weeks and I have yet to hear back from them. I will send mine back. I know people that have replaced their trigger with an aftermarket trigger and will not be returning their rifles. I would be fine with taking the trigger apart for cleaning and reassembly myself. I am careful and have done similar work before, but if I sell it or give it away I don't want a cloud over the rifle.
    I think maybe your right about that cloud thing, I just seems like a lot of fuss for a little to much thread lock.. I have been shooting and adjusting my trigger without issue for quite some time now.
    C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13

Spyderco Forum Registered User Pinetreebbs's Avatar
    Agree, IMO, they are scared of lawsuits.
    Have you joined Knife Rights yet? Go to: www.KnifeRights.org
    Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.

Spyderco Forum Registered User demoncase's Avatar
    As a Quality Assurance 'guy', I'd be less impressed that they've only just taken a look at the records and realised the potential recall situation.

The point of proper QA (as opposed to QC) is to prevent issues escaping the facility to the customer.
    Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuckd's Avatar
    Mine is from that time period but I have an after market trigger in it (jewell...amazing trigger).
    My collection:
    Ladybug2, Rescue 79mm, Salt1 edge, Meerkat Droppoint, Mariner, Kiwi jigbone, Kopa Blackquince, UK pk PE, Embassy PE, Schempp Tuff, Vallotton Sub-Hilt, Schempp Rock, Manix 2 XL, Tenacious, Byrd Finch, Techno, Puukko, Cricket SS PE, Military Digi-Camo, Tasman Salt, Delica Foliage Green, Breeden Rescue, Lionspy, Bushcraft, Kiwi3, Paramilitary2, Lum Tanto, Kopa MOP/Abalone, Southard, Endura Damascus Sprint, Meerkat Burgandy Sprint.

Spydernation #1990

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    I'm not worried. The only time my rifle has a round in the chamber is when its pointed down range. I've never had a bump fire or accidental discharge. But if I did, the only thing affected by it would be the dirt mound in front of me.
    Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!! X 2, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Manix 2 Cruwear, Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 2
    Grail: A.T.R.