Thread: The roc!

Spyderco Forum Registered User

The roc!

What's the anticipated release date on that beauty?

That one is on the list of "I want to own"...

Yes, yes, yes. And I can't explain why. Can anybody explain why they want this knife? For when you're out and about and run across a leg of lamb that needs cleavering?
    All God's critters have knives.

Quote Originally Posted by zhyla View Post
    Yes, yes, yes. And I can't explain why. Can anybody explain why they want this knife? For when you're out and about and run across a leg of lamb that needs cleavering?
    Why do we need 90% of the knives we buy? Pretty much all the knives I own, the work I do with them could easily be done with a box cutter, letter opener or hatchet/machete combo. But I buy knives because they're fun.

Why do people buy Ferraris and Lambos when the speed limit is 75? Because they're fun.

Personally I want the Roc because it looks freakin awesome. I'm sure it;ll be wide in the pocket, but I can manage that.

Spyderco Forum Registered User MacLaren's Avatar
    Lol......resistance is futile......
    Vallotton, Caly3.5,Manix 2 XL (gifted to bro),Military Camo/DLC,Domino Blue,Manix 2 XL CF S90v, Manix 2 S110V, Mule Team#19 K390,Manix 2 XL DLC,Rock Lobster
    SpyderNation #31

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    I really like the looks of it, I want to see how it feels in hand and in use.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    I was really excited about this knife until I saw the finish. Bead-blast is my least favorite finish that the industry uses. I may pick one up to try, but it will likely be a catch & release (though I have been wrong before). The shape and pocket clip are all a plus in my book though. It will likely be a pocket hog that exceeds the Manix, though that is much lower of a concern for me and my taste.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User LC Kid's Avatar
    Hi Folks!

The ROC is such a Good Looking Bad Ass Cleaver!
    Stay Sharp!

I know it's irrational. It's a solution in search of a problem!

I just don't care. I do want a knife where function and ergonomics to the hand are so irrationally conceived that the knife bears no logistical sense other than to behold its magnificent shape and edge in awe.

I want the knife equivalent of lighting a cigarette with a flamethrower!

Who's with me?!?

Hey when is the Roc shipping anyway?
    All God's critters have knives.