Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battlestation

Spyderco Forum Registered User TheFactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned View Post
    At first I was turned off by the sharp lines but it actually is starting to grow on me a bit..
    Same hear but it also looks like it could be challenging to sharpen on the Sharpmaker lol.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Strong-Dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    I would like this knife a lot more if it was M4
    Hey, me too! It just so happens I'd like about any knife more if it was M4. I could justify the price if it had M4, but I can't with VG10.
    Q: What was the most positive result of the "Cash for clunkers"
    program?

A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper stickers off the road.
    -Letterman

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    handled one, might go back and get it. Super solid, very quirky, rides low like a Caly wire clip. It is a very short cutting edge and that tip is pretty upswept. I handled it right next to the Lum tanto fixed and it is markedly more upswept. Thick stock and thick tip. Very good EDC size and the liner exposed at the back is not uncomfortable. Think Delica/R/Stretch in size. Very tankish...screw it I am getting one tomorrow. Maybe.
    Last edited by twinboysdad; 05-13-2014 at 08:24 PM.

Nice looking Spydie and it's has a interesting back strap though . I'd have to feel one in the hand before pulling the trigger .

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    On another note, I like the blood groove (fuller) on this knife. Maybe we could get more detailing like this on some other saber ground models?
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    I should have mine by the end of the week, and I'll make sure to take a plethora of pictures for you guys to ogle.
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

I'm ready to ogle lol and congrats !

Spyderco Forum Registered User spyderHS08's Avatar
    Sweet design, love the tanto and overall look, but I will hold out for the full size version that I hope is in Sals head! this one is just too small for itself. It could be a tank if it had another inch of handle and blade.
    36 and counting...
    E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE , Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, Spyderhawk, Persian, Lum tanto, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly

Dodo!

Cool knife but I dislike VG-10. I'm curious but more like <$120 curious.

Spyderco Forum Registered User demoncase's Avatar
    I'd like to see 'in hand' pictures- with importation and the usual bits and pieces in the UK, we can expect that price to 190 from a UK based retailer....S'alot of folding compared to the similar price for the Hungarian folder with XTP and contoured G10.

I really wanted one when I first saw it- but if it's more 'delica' in size than 'endura' I'll probably pass on it.....Much like the Double Bevel has grown on because of it's suprisingly small size which makes it feel more like a 'tanto Centofante C50' than a 'reimagined Lum Tanto Folder'.....Which is the converse of the situation.

The Battlestation needs to be bigger than a Delica for me to really want it.

I'll stop rambling now
    Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....

Stretch handle, Delica blade

I'm surprised no one has posted pictures of a Battlestation yet. Given the extra time it takes to ship a knife North of the 49th (Both shipping time and customs clearance), I'll be very surprised if I'm the first one to post pictures of one. As of this morning mine cleared customs so I should have it tomorrow (It's still Wednesday here technically for 26 more minutes), or Friday.
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!! X 2, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Manix 2 Cruwear, Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 2
    Grail: A.T.R.

It's at my post office currently, so pictures when I get home.

-> Branden

Are we there yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Cobra View Post
    That is one wicked knife ! I really like it except sharpening looks to be challenging especially for a rookie sharpener like me lol .
    Last edited by TheFactor; 05-15-2014 at 02:03 PM.

Damn...my nice camera is out of battery charge. Here's a few quick cell phone camera teasers while my good camera is charging. This thing feels very solid, and it is a lot more comfortable than I would have thought, in every grip I've tried (I had a suspicion it would be more comfortable than it looks). This is a seriously cool knife, and as I expected, the grind is utterly exquisite in person.

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User Scorpion's Avatar
    Is it just me or is there a LOT of wasted handle space?

I just measured...from the tip to the end of the handle when closed is a little less than half an inch...about the same as on a ParaMilitary 2. It wouldn't be as comfortable in a reverse grip if the handle was a 1/2" shorter.

-> Branden

Very nice and congrats !!