Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battlestation

Hybrid View

Spyderco Forum Registered User salmonkiller's Avatar

Battlestation

I see that the Battlestation is in stock at BHQ and GP. It's a very unique looking knife!
    Last edited by salmonkiller; 05-08-2014 at 10:39 PM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Ned's Avatar
    At first I was turned off by the sharp lines but it actually is starting to grow on me a bit..
    C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13

Spyderco Forum Registered User TheFactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned View Post
    At first I was turned off by the sharp lines but it actually is starting to grow on me a bit..
    Same hear but it also looks like it could be challenging to sharpen on the Sharpmaker lol.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    I'm reserving judgement until I can hold it.
    Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!! X 2, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Manix 2 Cruwear, Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 2
    Grail: A.T.R.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Ned's Avatar
    I have nicknamed it the Stealth Rhino!
    C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Cool design!
    Personally I couldn't pay $190 for it however

If the price was different I'd considerate it. Cool looking. curious about the ergs.

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    Hmmm...BladeHQ doesn't ship to Canada according to their website when I went to purchase...and GP wants me to fax or email them photo ID which seems strange (Never seen that before). May not be getting one of these as soon as I though.
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User razorsharp's Avatar
    I kinda really like it.... Hehe
    -Travis
    Come chat with us on IRC

Visit the knife picture site http://sharpthings.net/
    Super-steel Nut

To the sharpening junkies: SHOW THOSE EDGES!
    Spyderco Knives- Tuff- Southard- Resilience
    Others- Dalibor Sirius- Strider SnG DGG- Ozark Tradition DC Slicer- Curtiss Nano- Strider SMF Lego
    Inbound: Zero Tolerance 0777 - Zero Tolerance 0801cf - Benchmade 940-1

Turns out BHQ may ship internationally, but I'll have to phone them or email them in order to find out...I'll post back what I find out when I wake up in case anyone else North of the 49th wants one.
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User SolidState's Avatar
    I've played with the knife a few times by now, and I can tell you it feels better than it looks. It is very "Spyderco" in that sense. I haven't cut with one, but I have no doubt it cuts well.

FWIW, If I were to compare it to other Spydercos, I consider it to be a mix of Lil Temp and Chinook lines of thought/design. Flat grinds on this knife will be excellent.
    "Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
    Sir Humphry Davy

How long have you had one for (And more importantly, where are the pictures? )? I checked 2 days ago and found none anywhere at that time. I thought it was ugly the first time I saw a picture of it, but after about 2 weeks of finding myself staring at it I decided I liked it and really want to try one out. I showed a picture of it to a friend of mine a few months ago (I'd sold him my S35V Native a few months before) and he really liked it so I have 2 on order...very stoked to get this one.

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    Looks like an angular chinook to me....

EDIT: Ahhh solidstate beat me to it.
    I always heard that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, but then you catch even more flies with poop

http://sharpthings.net/chat

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45696

Spyderco Forum Registered User SolidState's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck_roxas45 View Post
    Ahhh solidstate beat me to it.
    Great minds think alike.
    "Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
    Sir Humphry Davy

I dunno, I'm having a real hard time warming up to this one. It would have to really wow me in person because the pics don't do anything for me.

Edit: but I know how that goes. I didn't like the looks of the paramilitary at first either.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    It's view from the spine tells me it will have unmatched tip strength amongst current spydie offerings of similar size.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User MacLaren's Avatar
    Wow. That's sayin' something considering the Vallotton.
    It does look extremely tough...
    Vallotton, Caly3.5,Manix 2 XL (gifted to bro),Military Camo/DLC,Domino Blue,Manix 2 XL CF S90v, Manix 2 S110V, Mule Team#19 K390,Manix 2 XL DLC,Rock Lobster
    SpyderNation #31

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    I would like this knife a lot more if it was M4
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User Strong-Dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    I would like this knife a lot more if it was M4
    Hey, me too! It just so happens I'd like about any knife more if it was M4. I could justify the price if it had M4, but I can't with VG10.
    Q: What was the most positive result of the "Cash for clunkers"
    program?

A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper stickers off the road.
    -Letterman

The one I handled at Omaha Knife was excellent on the grind , fit and finish. Perfect Japanese made knife.