Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Someone talk me into or out of a Caly SB

Spyderco Forum Registered User All-R-Crazy's Avatar
    I love the caly 3 I think it's better then the 3.5. The only reason I don't all ways have mine on me is because I also love my sb delica but the delica was a gift so go a head and get one it's worth every penny. If u don't like it u can all ways wait a little bit then sell to someone who wants it but really missed out on getting one.
    superblue is a steel I like due too the quality of edge holding vs sharpening balance it has
    delica ffg,endura ffg,pm2 black/black,delica sb,caly3.5 g10,caly3 sb,S90V military

Quote Originally Posted by JAfromMN
    My favorite Spyderco is the one that I used the most Today

Spyderco Forum Registered User Clip's Avatar
    I think the SB 3.5 is a more efficient use of my pocket space, it almost seems like they squeezed a half-inch more blade into the same sized handle. I prefer to carry that over the 3 in most cases, although the smaller 3 looks a little more people-friendly. However, with the 3.5's lesser availability I'd take what I could get.
    Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly3, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, M390 Para2, Cruwear MT12, Techno, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, Manix2 Ltwt, Salt I, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Forum Native5, Squeak, Manix 83mm, 440V Military, Gayle Bradley, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, Cruwear Military, VG10 Jester, Terzuola SlipIt, XHP Native Ltwt, Domino, CPM154/S90V Para2, SB Stretch, D2 Para, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    I had 2 3.5 SB models and both had really bad vertical play. For that alone I prefer the 3 over the 3.5
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    It's "Imported". Forget about it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdizL4on-Rc

Spyderco Forum Registered User JerryIsAlive's Avatar
    Pulled the trigger. Found one BNIB for $180. Couldn't resist

Spyderco Forum Registered User senorsquare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryIsAlive View Post
    Nice. I would've probably pulled that same trigger if I'd seent it first.

Spyderco Forum Registered User RadioactiveSpyder's Avatar
    You won't regret it. An absolutely magical sprint!
    It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. Stephen King

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    You get the 3 or the 3.5? I got the 3.5 and even though I tend to like larger knives, I think given the choice I would prefer the 3 in this particular design. Whatever, both are great. Mine has a little up and down play but everything else about the knife is so perfect that it doesn't bother me much.

I got the 3. Also, these are available for $2bills at BBS

Great knife in person. Had to slightly adjust the pivot to make a bit tighter but very impressive knife. Melts in hand and in pocket

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Great knife in person. Had to slightly adjust the pivot to make a bit tighter but very impressive knife. Melts in hand and in pocket
    Congrats on your latest purchase. Enjoy it, I will carry mine tomorrow in honor of your choice.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*