Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 82

Thread: Force Feed The Techno

  1. #41
    Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    484
    I like the black idea, prob the next step for me here. I like blue so I'm not sure why this doesn't speak to me.

  2. #42
    Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    484
    What about a navy blue fit dye? Anyone done that? I think a duller darker blue could be awesome!

  3. #43
    Spyderco Forum Registered User Spydersense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    455
    I've got some navy blue Rit. Send me the knife and I'll try it out.
    Time for another !

    -Matt

  4. #44
    Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydersense View Post
    I've got some navy blue Rit. Send me the knife and I'll try it out.
    Maybe you got that backwards. Send me the rit :-)

  5. #45
    Spyderco Forum Registered User Spydersense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by swigert View Post
    Maybe you got that backwards. Send me the rit :-)
    Curses! Foiled again.
    Time for another !

    -Matt

  6. #46
    Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Posts
    1,018
    I'm sure I remember seeing pictures of someone who RIT dyed their backspacer with black dye, but not for long enough to turn it completely black and it turned out a dark blue...if I can find the thread I'll post a link to it.
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench, SE SuperHawk
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench, Black ZDP Caly Jr.
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

    -> Branden

  7. #47
    Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    3,618
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdGenRigger View Post
    It's also very sheeple friendly. I'm not a south paw, but I'm ambidextrous enough that I wan write with my left hand neatly, if a tad slower than with my right. I'm a little surprised that Spyderco doesn't make a left handed version of the Techno...given that the backspacer would stay the same, and no liners etc. make the machining conversion to south paw less difficult than it would be for other models...like the left handed Military run they did...machining out the opposite scale for the recessed liner, and opposite liner lock seem like it would be more work. There doesn't seem to be any shortage of south paws on this forum either...maybe it's just me...
    I'd be a happy SOB if they did that!!! Especially if it was distinguished by a different colour backspacer!!

    But having a lefty Techno would be seriously cool!
    On the hunt for...

  8. #48
    Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    3,618
    Quote Originally Posted by gph View Post
    The smooth cf cuscadi backspacer looks good in person. I'd really like a metal backspacer with the same finish as the blade but no one makes it that I'm aware of. I didn't mind the stock blue but the inside of the gear teeth collected dirt too easily. One day of sawing wood and you're carrying around a fire hazard
    I've emailed cuscadi about making a Ti backspacer for the Techno and they are planning on making them. They are just over capacity right now.

    However, if more people email them about getting them made, it might get them bumped up the schedule!
    On the hunt for...

  9. #49
    Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathBySnooSnoo View Post
    I've emailed cuscadi about making a Ti backspacer for the Techno and they are planning on making them. They are just over capacity right now.

    However, if more people email them about getting them made, it might get them bumped up the schedule!
    Im just worried it would be just a little off from the perfect finish and it wouldnt look right, I just need something not so bright.

  10. #50
    Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    484
    OP Here,

    Its going great so far, I have figured out how to open the Techno much better and feel better in that regard. It still feels small in hand but thats because it is! and im used to much larger knives. The Sage 1 is as small as I have gone before this and that makes the Techno Seem huge.

    I think it will end up in the rotation long term but I will continue to force it for the next 2 weeks.

    So far i have not done alot of cutting with it but that will change soon.

  11. #51
    Spyderco Forum Registered User NoFair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,412
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathBySnooSnoo View Post
    I've emailed cuscadi about making a Ti backspacer for the Techno and they are planning on making them. They are just over capacity right now.

    However, if more people email them about getting them made, it might get them bumped up the schedule!
    I prefer orange

  12. #52
    Spyderco Forum Registered User Spydersense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    455
    This thread, and the fact that I need a sub 3" heavy duty folder soon, has persuaded me to order a shiny new Techno. Thanks all you enablers!
    Time for another !

    -Matt

  13. #53
    Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydersense View Post
    This thread, and the fact that I need a sub 3" heavy duty folder soon, has persuaded me to order a shiny new Techno. Thanks all you enablers!
    It is really heavy duty WOW, solid solid solid lockup and very stout blade

  14. #54
    Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Posts
    1,018
    It is a super solid knife...feels like you could hammer it through a tailgate, though I'm not going to be the first to try it haha.
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench, SE SuperHawk
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench, Black ZDP Caly Jr.
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

    -> Branden

  15. #55
    Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA, USA
    Posts
    6,587
    I got a glow in the dark back spacer from Cuscadi. It's pretty nice, but the Techno isn't my all time favorite knife.

    I'm curious to see how this thread and your experience with the Techno turn out.

    I also got an Orange one on accident when I thought they said they could make an orange glow in the dark back spacer.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker. Waiting on a Squeak, Pingo, and Cliptools with a Split Spring!
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

  16. #56
    Spyderco Forum Registered User Sully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdGenRigger View Post
    It's also very sheeple friendly. I'm not a south paw, but I'm ambidextrous enough that I wan write with my left hand neatly, if a tad slower than with my right. I'm a little surprised that Spyderco doesn't make a left handed version of the Techno...given that the backspacer would stay the same, and no liners etc. make the machining conversion to south paw less difficult than it would be for other models...like the left handed Military run they did...machining out the opposite scale for the recessed liner, and opposite liner lock seem like it would be more work. There doesn't seem to be any shortage of south paws on this forum either...maybe it's just me...

    Not just you!

    A southpaw Techno, now that would dial up the interesting factor way more than colored backspacers. A Left Hand Techno would sell so much better than the LH Military, too. As an EDC, a Military is, well, often overkill for many of us. Hope Sal....or Eric?!... do the 'LEFT thing' again soooooon!
    “Damned infernal gizmo. My kingdom for a left-handed can opener!”
    Mr. Burns, The Simpsons
    Other Lefties: Da Vinci, Einstein, Franklin, Newton, Aristotle, Hendrix, Gates, 'The Babe,' 'The Great One' ... Mrs. Gail Glesser?!

  17. #57
    Spyderco Forum Registered User Sully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathBySnooSnoo View Post
    I'd be a happy SOB if they did that!!! Especially if it was distinguished by a different colour backspacer!!

    But having a lefty Techno would be seriously cool!
    Hell yeah!!!!
    “Damned infernal gizmo. My kingdom for a left-handed can opener!”
    Mr. Burns, The Simpsons
    Other Lefties: Da Vinci, Einstein, Franklin, Newton, Aristotle, Hendrix, Gates, 'The Babe,' 'The Great One' ... Mrs. Gail Glesser?!

  18. #58
    Spyderco Forum Registered User RadioactiveSpyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by swigert View Post
    Im just worried it would be just a little off from the perfect finish and it wouldnt look right, I just need something not so bright.
    I would definitely not be concerned about any lack of high precision machining of a Ti backspacer from Cuscadi, their F&F is on par or better than Spyderco itself. If anyone besides Sal's crew could make such an item, Cuscadi would be the first place I'd seek out. Everything I've ordered from them is ultra high quality.
    It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King

  19. #59
    Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioactiveSpyder View Post
    I would definitely not be concerned about any lack of high precision machining of a Ti backspacer from Cuscadi, their F&F is on par or better than Spyderco itself. If anyone besides Sal's crew could make such an item, Cuscadi would be the first place I'd seek out. Everything I've ordered from them is ultra high quality.
    Not concerned about for and finish at all. Only that the titanium color wouldn't match quite right and it would just be a little off but in that case REALLY NOTICABLE. their stuff is amazing.

    Kinda like wearing the same color clothes. It's awkward if the colors are a little off.

  20. #60
    Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by swigert View Post
    It is really heavy duty WOW, solid solid solid lockup and very stout blade
    The Techno has spoiled me. The few other knives I've handled all seemed 'off' in comparison.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •