Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DK alert!

Spyderco Forum Registered User sharpguitarist's Avatar

DK alert!

Hey guys,
    For those that may be interested, I just noticed that the new slipjoints have been posted on BHQ.
    Later,
    Don
    everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Nice!! Thank you!
    Just ordered an orange one.

Hi Crow,

Welcome to our forum.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User vaisforlovers's Avatar
    Picked one up today in person from Omaha Knife. Easiestly described as a cross between a Pingo and a Calypso Jr.

What I'm most impressed with is, while holding it in the open position, with your thumb on the ramp, it feels like a locked blade-- NO movement at all. The thumb pushes out rather than down, so my thumb pressure doesn't move it in the closed direction at all. I'm impressed with this detail. Nicely done!
    "The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill

I am waiting to be able to buy both the Pingo and the Spy-dk might as well buy them both at one time, two times happiness in one package. And now you write good stuff on the Spy, I just cant wait. Come on home to pappa. ;-)

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jazz's Avatar
    Nice. How's the spring on it?
    - best wishes, Jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Very strong. Strongest of all my slippies.
    "The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill

Oh, man. I think I'll have to pick up one of these. I didn't realize they'd be so cheap.

Spyderco Forum Registered User RadioactiveSpyder's Avatar
    Got mine in yesterday and am liking it very much so far. As you can see, it's like a mini version of the Caly 3.5 (blade is more similar to the 3.5 inch versus 3 inch Calys). It looks like a very lethal looking nail file! Very tight and strong spring on it, the blade does not move at all when you apply a strong grip or cutting pressure to it, unlike other slip joints I have. I'll post pic of my happy orange slip joint family later, but the Caly resemblance is unmistakable! Another win for Spyderco! Cheers, Radioactive

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. Stephen King

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    I totally see the relation. Thanks radioactive, I'll have to pick one of these up now. You know, just in case I ever find myself in Denmark
    Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!! X 2, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Manix 2 Cruwear, Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 2
    Grail: A.T.R.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Can someone compare the spydiehole size on the DK to the Pingo? Thanks
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    Can someone compare the spydiehole size on the DK to the Pingo? Thanks
    I will post a pic later, but they are the same size hole.
    It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. Stephen King

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioactiveSpyder View Post
    I will post a pic later, but they are the same size hole.
    Sweet. I am now really looking forward to this one. It's like a pointy little Caly 3.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Here's some shots of the Spy-DK and Pingo together (so you can see that the Spyderholes are the same size):

And with an orange UKPK:

And finally with all of my orange Slipits:

Hope you like the pics! Cheers, Radioactive

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    A follow up on how strong the spring is: I came home today to find my SpyDK sitting on my dresser with the blade open. My wife, who can close every other knife I own, including my Meerkat, couldn't figure out how the "lock" on this one worked. That's how strong the spring is.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jazz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    A follow up on how strong the spring is: I came home today to find my SpyDK sitting on my dresser with the blade open. My wife, who can close every other knife I own, including my Meerkat, couldn't figure out how the "lock" on this one worked. That's how strong the spring is.
    so, is it easy to open, though?

Nice pics, Radioactive! Thanks.
    - best wishes, Jazz.

Spyderco Forum Registered User adairjs's Avatar
    I don't have any trouble opening mine, and I have some pretty bad arthritis in my hands. N690Co is my favorite steel. The Pingo and Squeak are two of my favorite knives, and I'm eager to get a Roadie. The Spy-DK, however, I find to be butt ugly. I'm going to make it my new carry-at-work knife, where functionality counts, but looks are less important to me. The Manbug, while perhaps less likely to raise eyebrows, is proving to be too small around the warehouse. Gotta say, I wish all the knives mentioned here had the bidirectional grip FRN like the Delica4.
    My Spydercos: (all plain edge)
    Jester (Gray G-10 & Black FRN), Manbug (Black Lightweight & British Racing Green ZDP-189), Dragonfly (Green G-10), Dragonfly2 (Black, Orange, Yellow H-1, British Racing Green ZDP-189), Pingo (Black & Orange), Squeak (Black), Delica4 (Black), Salt1 (Yellow), Manix2 (Blue FRCP), Native (Black FRN S30V & Brown FRN CTS-XHP), Zulu, Rock Lobster, Balance (Stainless), Calypso Jr (Gray FRN), Double Bevel, Lava (Blue G-10)

Spyderco Forum Registered User araneae's Avatar
    Got mine inbound, should be here Tuesday.
    So many knives, so few pockets...
    -Nick
    Light Modding and Wharnifying when time permits

Just got: Superblue D'fly

The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal