Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blade Show 2014

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Blade Show 2014

It's right about a month out, so I feel like it's time to talk about it. (June 6-8th, in Atlanta Ga.)

I've been to a couple blade shows in the past, but not in the last several years. Luckily, it looks like I will get a chance to attend this year. I am really looking forward to getting by the Spyderco Booth and getting hands on with some of the beautiful knives that were shown in Amsterdam. I can't wait to see some of them in person. (Slyz Bowie, K2, Dogtag, Rubicon, Chubby, and ARK.) When I last went, Spyderco wasn't really selling knives at the show. Are y'all planning to sell knives this year? It will be great to get a couple in hand that I've been on the fence about also. (Tuff)

Who else is going? What are you most looking forward to seeing?

Grizz

Spyderco Forum Registered User Officer Gigglez's Avatar
    Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.
    I'd like to go, as always, but life dictates that my job and paying the bills are more important. I'll just have to catch the highlights as usual.
    Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
    -Tenacious G-10, Combo edge
    -Tasman Salt, PE
    -Persistence Limited Edition Blue G-10, PE
    -Pacific Salt, Black, PE
    -Delica 4, Grey FRN, Emerson Wave, PE
    -Karahawk collector's club #015, Custom Scales, Emerson Wave, PE
    -DiAlex Junior, G10, PE
    -Byrd SS Crossbill, PE, Custom Engraved

Spyderco Forum Registered User MacLaren's Avatar
    Can anyone go?
    Vallotton, Caly3.5,Manix 2 XL (gifted to bro),Military Camo/DLC,Domino Blue,Manix 2 XL CF S90v, Manix 2 S110V, Mule Team#19 K390,Manix 2 XL DLC,Rock Lobster
    SpyderNation #31

Quote Originally Posted by MacLaren View Post
    Can anyone go?
    Sure! It's at the Cobb galleria in Atlanta. Google "Blade Show 2014"

It's more of a show than a typical gun show. (Gun shows are about selling/buying.) There is plenty for sale, but most makers will have booths with displays of their most current offerings. Great opportunity to see custom makers and actually meet them, as well as see the knives they make.

Grizz

Awesome. I'll go then. The wife and I usually take in a Braves game every year anyways.
    Vallotton, Caly3.5,Manix 2 XL (gifted to bro),Military Camo/DLC,Domino Blue,Manix 2 XL CF S90v, Manix 2 S110V, Mule Team#19 K390,Manix 2 XL DLC,Rock Lobster
    SpyderNation #31

Spyderco Forum Registered User Alchemy1's Avatar
    I'll be there Saturday. Wish I could go Friday and Saturday, but its not a good time to take off of work.
    Sage 1, Gayle Bradley, Camo Para 2, All black Para 2, "Smurf" Para 2, Orange Para2, Lionspy

Green Para 2 on pre order

Spyderco Forum Registered User J Smith's Avatar
    I will be there.
    0 0
    <
    \____/

Spyderco Forum Registered User phillipsted's Avatar
    I'll be there all weekend long. I had a blast last year - I'm sure this year will be incredible.

TedP

This being my first year into Spydies. Can we expect new models to be shown? What should I expect to see come from blade?
    Next Spyderco: Worker Sprint, Lightweight Manix 2 S110V

I'd love to see the Tatanka
    SpyderNation #31

Spyderco Forum Registered User Halfneck's Avatar
    Started a new job and the clinic I'm at is open 9:30am - 8pm Monday through Sunday. Don't think I'll be able to get all 3 days off, but I should be able to go 2 days.
    "A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich

I will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by swigert View Post
    This being my first year into Spydies. Can we expect new models to be shown? What should I expect to see come from blade?
    The Spyderco booth has all their current models - plus one display case full of production samples, prototypes, one-offs, and other really cool stuff. Joyce, Eric, Mike, Ed, and the rest of the Spydie Crew are very gracious about letting the attendees look at and handle most of the non-production knives - and chat about their status. The only request they make is that you don't take photos (the case is sort of backed against the rear wall of the arena and not directly visible from the main show floor...

They told me last year that it was OK for me to take handwritten notes on the models I saw, but no photos.

The rest of the show is huge. My recommendation is to bring good shoes. I also bring a little rolling backpack to carry samples, supplies, literature, etc. I always end up with a sore shoulder if I carry it on my shoulder.

TedP

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar
    Thanks for the info on that, Ted. This will be my first BLADE Show too. I suppose Spyderco's booth will be selling their current models?
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Prior commitments make it impossible to attend this year. I should have a couple of "Folding Kitchen Knives with the prototypes this year. I'm interested in the response to these knives. Let me know...Take Care...Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Schempp View Post
    Prior commitments make it impossible to attend this year. I should have a couple of "Folding Kitchen Knives with the prototypes this year. I'm interested in the response to these knives. Let me know...Take Care...Ed
    Thanks for the heads up. Sounds interesting.

Grizz

Spyderco Forum Registered User senorsquare's Avatar
    This will be my first time attending blade and I'm pretty dang excited about being able to go.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Pinetreebbs's Avatar
    It's a great show for knife aficionados, possibly the best, but I haven't seen them all.

Planning to attend Friday and Saturday.
    Have you joined Knife Rights yet? Go to: www.KnifeRights.org
    Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Schempp View Post
    Hey, Ed - thanks for the heads-up. I look forward to chatting with you and looking at your folding kitchen knives!

Tedp

Spyderco Forum Registered User Johnnie1801's Avatar
    I hope you guys will take tons of photo's for us poor guys who live 1000's of miles away, lol.
    Jon