Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Next mule team (19)?

Spyderco Forum Registered User opusxpn's Avatar
    what ever it is I want to give it a try
    Keep 'em sharp 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 3 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 2 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 3 Paramilitary2, Military, Kiwi

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Might be awhile before it gets here but I think Maxamet is going to be a Mule steel.

We've ordered enough Maxamet to make a Mule Team run, but they first have to make the material, so it will be a while.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User hawaiihunter's Avatar
    So Maxamet is the new mule steel?

Edit: Didn't read page 2, I'd buy Maxamet and 4v is a definite buy for me.
    Last edited by hawaiihunter; 05-24-2014 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Didn't read page 2
    Looking for: Grey Cts-20cp Paramilitary 2
    Green Cts-204p Paramilitary 2
    S110v Mule

Currently own: Tenacious, Green Cts-204P Paramiitary 2

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    We have 3 in-the-works at this time. CPM-4V is one of them, but I don't think it's the next one.

I'm also considering MBS-26. We had a meeting with the maker (Masahiro) and he'll let us use his proprietary steel for our knives.

sal
    I've really been impressed with MBS-26 thus far in the 6" kitchen utility knives...we have a black handled plain edge and a blue handled serrated edge. From the day I bought them (Roughly a month after they were released) they've been our most used knives in the kitchen, and I haven't had to sharpen them yet either. I'll definitely be trying it out in a Mule to see how I like it in thicker stock (And at least one in 4V and Maxamet too ).
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench, SE SuperHawk
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench, Black ZDP Caly Jr.
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

I am always excited about the next Mule Team, but it has yet to work out with both money and opportunity lining up.

Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Able Dog View Post
    I am always excited about the next Mule Team, but it has yet to work out with both money and opportunity lining up. Fingers crossed.
    I was out of town when the S110V Mule came out so I had to make sure that I had access to WiFi that morning. I think I pretended that I was answering an email on my phone.

With the forum revamp coming up I think that the next Mule might be delayed. Besides if Sal says that the next one won't be CPM 4V and the 204P was dropped, and the other steel options (Maxamet and MBS-26) seemed to still be in the talking phase last month, then I'm puzzled as to what it might be.

Regardless, I've got scales and it has been four months since the last one and I'm ready!
    Last edited by Fancier; 06-26-2014 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancier View Post
    ...and the other steel options (Maxamet and MBS-26) seemed to still be in the talking phase last month, then I'm puzzled as what it might be.

Regardless, I've got scales and it has been four months since the last one and I'm ready!
    Just looked up the specs on Maxamet, and wow. I might just wait for that one regardless of what the next Mule is.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBySnooSnoo View Post
    Getting the older ones is very hard on the wallet! There have been a few times I've seen one and though I MUST BUY IT, but then at the last second decided against it because of the cost.

There are only 2 of the older ones I really want...but they are popular of course. I very much like M4, and so want that Mule. And I've seen a few knives makers that like 52100...so I'd like that as well to test the steel out. Though its probably cheaper to get a custom than the Mule these days!
    Especially when you can get Tom Krein to make the handle and sheath - talk about craftsmanship...

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...g/p1010002.jpg

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathBySnooSnoo View Post
    Getting the older ones is very hard on the wallet! There have been a few times I've seen one and though I MUST BUY IT, but then at the last second decided against it because of the cost.

There are only 2 of the older ones I really want...but they are popular of course. I very much like M4, and so want that Mule. And I've seen a few knives makers that like 52100...so I'd like that as well to test the steel out. Though its probably cheaper to get a custom than the Mule these days!
    The 52100 MT-1 is IMHO one of the prizes of this series, well worth the hunt.

Hi Sodak,

Don't remember welcoming you? Welcome to our forum.

I believe the next mule is finished and we're waiting to run with it. It's a new steel that to my knowledge has not been used before.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User MCM's Avatar
    Thanks Sal. Can you give us a clue? Target RC for example?

More S90v & CF please.......

Spyderco Forum Registered User morgaj1's Avatar
    Looking forward to this one.