Quote Originally Posted by B-N View Post
    Next Mule will be my first spydie!
    I very much doubt it will be your last.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Hi B-N,

Welcome to our forum.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User opusxpn's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay, you will enjoy what spyderco brings to the table, yeah it wont be your last!!! that is for sure look at me over 30 spydies and counting
    Keep 'em sharpEndura4 (blk all edges, brwn, FG, SB, RG ZDP, blk tac, wave) Salt1 (blk, yllw PE H1)Tasman(yllw SE H1) Pacific salt(blk SE H1) Stretch(ZDP, SB) Delica4(blk CE, wave, SB) Drgfly2(yllw SE H1, org PE,SB PE) Pingo(blk) Cat G10(blk) Centofante3 Ldybg3(FG,SB,Hwk yllw H1, tan H1, blk) Manbug (blk SE, SB) Manix2(Ltw trans blue PE, G10 PE, Ltw dark blue frn) Para2(dig/satin, blk/satin) Military(Cru-Wear) Resilience, Tenacious(blk CE,grn PE), K04 Blk PE, K04 Blue SE, Byrd Robin2 G10

I'm waiting for the next one. addicted. Been using the last one s110v in the kitchen and it's been the best I have in stainless. Haven't used k390 in the kitchen, waiting for hunting season.

Spyderco Forum Registered User hawaiihunter's Avatar
    Sal, any estimations on when this bad boy will be up for grabs?
    Looking for: Grey Cts-20cp Paramilitary 2
    Green Cts-204p Paramilitary 2
    S110v Mule

Currently own: Tenacious, Green Cts-204P Paramiitary 2

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B-N View Post
    Next Mule will be my first spydie!
    Welcome to the forums!
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

I am highly confident that whatever steel has been chosen it will be more than worth owning. In for 2!

Spyderco Forum Registered User hawaiihunter's Avatar
    Dude I'm in for like a million if the steel's specs are good. If not, I'm in for 1.
    Looking for: Grey Cts-20cp Paramilitary 2
    Green Cts-204p Paramilitary 2
    S110v Mule

Currently own: Tenacious, Green Cts-204P Paramiitary 2

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    I very much doubt it will be your last.
    Quote Originally Posted by opusxpn View Post
    Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay, you will enjoy what spyderco brings to the table, yeah it wont be your last!!! that is for sure look at me over 30 spydies and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    Welcome to the forums!
    I have a feeling you chaps are right, I think a Delica might be the second Spyderco.

Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    Hi B-N,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
    Thanks Sal.

The concept of the Mule knives are one of the things that has drawn me to Spyderco, it is such a novel concept.

Even more novel is your presence and involvement in the knife community. Asking the end consumer what they want? Are you crazy? Who does that?

Spyderco = grassroots

thanks for your time

B-N

I've managed to snag all two of the mules released since I signed on and plan to continue that practice if possible, and maybe some day pick up a couple of the ones I missed.
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List: New Stretch prototype Coyote G-10 slab/ZDP test sprint!

Quote Originally Posted by DougC-3 View Post
    I've managed to snag all two of the mules released since I signed on and plan to continue that practice if possible, and maybe some day pick up a couple of the ones I missed.
    Getting the older ones is very hard on the wallet! There have been a few times I've seen one and though I MUST BUY IT, but then at the last second decided against it because of the cost.

There are only 2 of the older ones I really want...but they are popular of course. I very much like M4, and so want that Mule. And I've seen a few knives makers that like 52100...so I'd like that as well to test the steel out. Though its probably cheaper to get a custom than the Mule these days!
    On the hunt for...

a k390 is on its way to my door.. very excited - my first mule and first fixed .... i hope it gets pocket time!
    Opinel Nr.8 Inox, Svord Peasant, Mule k390, Gayle Bradley Air, Gayle Bradley, S90V Military, Cruwear Military, Cruwear Military Collectors #13V, SuperBlue Stretch, Butch Vallotton Subhilt, Manix2 CTS-XHP, CPM-M4-Ti Military CF Scales, Para2 (xhp,m390,20cp,204p) , Laguiole Mandailles, Laguiole BrutdeForge Lame bélier doublePlatines, Laguiole enAubrac 13cm Lame Horn handle, Benchmade MINI ONSLAUGHT 746-1201 (Nr. 166 of 500)

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBySnooSnoo View Post
    Getting the older ones is very hard on the wallet! There have been a few times I've seen one and though I MUST BUY IT, but then at the last second decided against it because of the cost.

There are only 2 of the older ones I really want...but they are popular of course. I very much like M4, and so want that Mule. And I've seen a few knives makers that like 52100...so I'd like that as well to test the steel out. Though its probably cheaper to get a custom than the Mule these days!
    I'd like to have the 52100 too, especially since it's the first one, also the super blue and M4 and the laminated Cobalt Special, just to see what it's like. Those would take some big bucks.
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List: New Stretch prototype Coyote G-10 slab/ZDP test sprint!

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Mastiff's Avatar
    The K390 is a heck of a way to start off buying fixed blades. There isn't much up from there to look forward to. Likewise it's small but an excellent cutter and slicer. Combine the two and you will have a tough time not being disappointed afterward from there unless you remember other steels will have different combinations of attributes and though you are near the peak of practical abrasive wear resistance you may enjoy other attributes like edge stability, toughness, corrosion resistance and various combinations of them. Remember "all good, just different".

I have found it to be a true statement in my experience. I still like steels in the D2 to CPM M4 class of wear resistance . In particular Cruwear, an excellent combination of wear resistance, toughness and edge stability. 4V looks like it will be somewhere in this class and I could see me enjoying it. Can't wait!

Joe
    "A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haarspalter View Post
    a k390 is on its way to my door.. very excited - my first mule and first fixed .... i hope it gets pocket time!
    Be careful how you sit down...

Spyderco Forum Registered User drichardson67's Avatar
    The mules are probably what I like the most about Spyderco...for all the obvious reasons. Got one of each. That's not to say I don't love my other spydies. The pleasure of a fine steel is rarely paralleled. Spyderco uses a lot of them, and is always introducing new ones. AND BETTER ONES... like that k390!! I'm a loyal customer for life.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Johnnie1801's Avatar
    I can't remember where I read it but the speculation is that the Mule 19 will be made from CPM 4V, can anyone confirm or deny this?
    Jon

We have 3 in-the-works at this time. CPM-4V is one of them, but I don't think it's the next one.

I'm also considering MBS-26. We had a meeting with the maker (Masahiro) and he'll let us use his proprietary steel for our knives.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User paladin's Avatar
    this is easily casual bombshell material
    Have Kiwi, will travel...wire Paladin...Hotel Carlton, San Francisco