Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: S110V Manix 2 1st Impressions

Spyderco Forum Registered User Ankerson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bh49 View Post
    I hope that you will get significantly better fairly soon. G-d bless you.
    Thanks.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ankerson View Post
    Just finished the rope cutting.... 720 Cuts on 5/8" manila.
    A few HRc points appear to make a difference Jim. Good results and we all appreciate the efforts!
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Making it so hard to resist! Must...not...give...in!

Thanks for the effort, as usual, Jim.

Spyderco Forum Registered User TheFactor's Avatar
    Give in you won't be sorry I love mine . The only testing I've done though is stared at it and held it more times then I care to Admit . It's like staring at ocean waves breaking on the shore it's very therapeutic

This is after the rope.

Still waiting on that Cruwear Millie test

Spyderco Forum Registered User Johnnie1801's Avatar
    Thx Jim for your pics. Great looking knife. How does the S110V rank alongside other production knives that you have tested in rope cutting?

get well soon

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie1801 View Post
    Thx Jim for your pics. Great looking knife. How does the S110V rank alongside other production knives that you have tested in rope cutting?

get well soon

Jon

Well the only thing that beats it is the K390 Mule Team....

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ankerson View Post
    Well the only thing that beats it is the K390 Mule Team....
    K390 lightweight Manix 2!!!

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil D View Post
    K390 lightweight Manix 2!!!
    I doubt there would be a noticeable difference in real use between them, now if it was K294 or CPM 10V at high hardness...... Maybe.....

Spyderco Forum Registered User MCM's Avatar
    Great job Jim! Keep up the good work!

More S90v & CF please.......

Thanx much Jim.

sal

Oh my goodness, I would flip over a 10V Manix. BUT, I'd do back flip handsprings over a K390 or a 10V Millie. Oh man, I need a moment just to think on that.........ok, I'm back. The beauty of the FFG Millie and the insane slicing ability of a 4" FFG blade of a Millie. That would be pure, unadulterated Millie heaven. Heck, a S110V Millie. I could go on and on.

I just think the design of the Millie blade is slicing heaven. Give that bad Fred a super HCV steel like any of those?? My, my!!!

Back to reality, Mr. Ankerson, I know I said I bought on of these on the other Forum, but the more I look at this, and read more, I'm really getting excited. It's coming shorts weather here in Vegas. One of these clipped in my Dickies shorts should be really cool. The more I study, the happier I am that I pulled the trigger. I'm a nut for my Wicked Edge, so the S110 should be no problem at all. I'm thinking 15 DPS?? That seems about right. Thoughts?

Spyderco Forum Registered User WireEdge Roger's Avatar
    That's crazy! It makes me feel really good about the one sitting in my pocket right now

Grats on your 2000th post Ankerson. Always great to read about your experimentation!
    Owned : Broken tip ZDP-189 Endura, Mule Team 18, Mr Itou R2 180mm Gyoto, Super Blue Stretch, Super Blue Ladybug
    In the wish list model list: Southard, *Yuna Qi 4.1 in K390*, ZDP-189 Ladybug, Chaparral, any AEB-L Sal would make into a folder!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Blade View Post
    Oh my goodness, I would flip over a 10V Manix. BUT, I'd do back flip handsprings over a K390 or a 10V Millie. Oh man, I need a moment just to think on that.........ok, I'm back. The beauty of the FFG Millie and the insane slicing ability of a 4" FFG blade of a Millie. That would be pure, unadulterated Millie heaven. Heck, a S110V Millie. I could go on and on.

I just think the design of the Millie blade is slicing heaven. Give that bad Fred a super HCV steel like any of those?? My, my!!!

Back to reality, Mr. Ankerson, I know I said I bought on of these on the other Forum, but the more I look at this, and read more, I'm really getting excited. It's coming shorts weather here in Vegas. One of these clipped in my Dickies shorts should be really cool. The more I study, the happier I am that I pulled the trigger. I'm a nut for my Wicked Edge, so the S110 should be no problem at all. I'm thinking 15 DPS?? That seems about right. Thoughts?
    It can handle 15 DPS easy, that what I tested it with.

Quote Originally Posted by Laethageal View Post
    Grats on your 2000th post Ankerson. Always great to read about your experimentation!
    Thanks.

I am about to order one.Does it have adjustable pivot ? It seems from the pictures that it has.....but just to be sure.

Spyderco Forum Registered User nccole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elena86 View Post
    I am about to order one.Does it have adjustable pivot ? It seems from the pictures that it has.....but just to be sure.
    It does. I would recommend carrying it a few days and let it break in before you mess with it though. Almost everyone has reported it being stiff but loosening up quickly.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Mine did loosen up but not enough for my liking. It took a very tiny amount of adjustment to dial it in.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

I got 6 of these in between two customers... They all looked like they had a nice fit and finish. The only thing I did notice between them all was that 1. they didn't all center perfectly and 2. they had variable amounts of ease of opening/closing. The centering could be fixed easily if it could be taken apart (which it can't).

That being said, for the price point and quality you can't beat em! This is an insane deal. I have mine on pre-order bladehq seems to be taking positively forever!! i ordered it about 3 weeks ago! I plan on drilling out the rivets and replacing them with screws (hope all goes well) in addition to regrinding it like this one below. Then sharpened at 15 dps on my WEPS it should be an insane slicer!!