Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Husky torx set? I want to try adjusting the pivot on my new Manx 2 G-10...

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by swigert View Post
    mine is all under t-12 I THINK

This is what I have just on amazon...i actually bought mine on amazon but realized HD also stocks them...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I just stopped by a Home Depot store: apparently they have discontinued this item. They only had one torx set in stock @ $20 , I believe that the name of the brand was "Creative" .

Quote Originally Posted by HorserloverFat View Post
    Yeah, I can just cut the package open with my knife and try out the set right there in the store. (Someone will probably freak-out.)
    The first time I bought a set of torx wrenches I walked in the Home Depot and showed one of the assistants my knife and asked him where the appropriate tool was. He took me to the torx wrenches (which are not packaged) and we tried it together. It worked so I bought it. I don't recall any freaking out. Ymmv.

Sorry you are having so much trouble. Maybe just order it from amazon? Best of luck.

Did they tell you it was discontinued? Or were you just unable to find it?

Last edited by mattman; 05-04-2014 at 05:31 PM. Reason: add info

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman View Post
    Yes, but it's listed as in-store only and none of the stores around me have it in stock. Bummer... I am guessing it has been discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfingringo View Post
    The first time I bought a set of torx wrenches I walked in the Home Depot and showed one of the assistants my knife and asked him where the appropriate tool was. He took me to the torx wrenches (which are not packaged) and we tried it together. It worked so I bought it. I don't recall any freaking out. Ymmv.

Sorry you are having so much trouble. Maybe just order it from amazon? Best of luck.
    I was referring to a HD in an area where there happens to be a lot of crackpots, i.e. , suburbia. The lady that gave me the knife warned me not to deploy it in this area. Trust me, it ain't exactly an area where people are use to seeing knives such as the country. LOL. Thanks, I may in fact have to order it from the Amazonian.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman View Post
    Did they tell you it was discontinued? Or were you just unable to find it?
    Yes and yes. I will check their website or another location...

This is the one I have and it works great. I believe they still carry this. I bought an extra about a month ago.
    http://t.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Torx-...PCN/204153266/

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blue Possum's Avatar
    +2 on Wiha - I bought the Husky 1st time around - can't say it saved me money.

Wiha all the way.
    Blue Possum

Yes, I believe that I did see that one on the shelf. Did it work well on your Manix 2? Thanks.

Yeah, it works fine. It has the same exact bits. I think a screwdriver format (like the one that's discontinued) might be more convenient if I was spending hours disassembling and reassembling knives on a daily basis, but for an occasional cleaning or pivot adjustment this works perfectly.

Spyderco Forum Registered User MCM's Avatar
    Its not worth leaving marks or worse stripping the head. You buy these once. And you can forget about it.
    The 7 Pc Set T6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 15, & T20 is only $17.30 and works on most any folding knife.

http://www.wihatools.com/300seri/371serie.htm

More S90v & CF please.......

Quote Originally Posted by Surfingringo View Post
    Yeah, it works fine. It has the same exact bits. I think a screwdriver format (like the one that's discontinued) might be more convenient if I was spending hours disassembling and reassembling knives on a daily basis, but for an occasional cleaning or pivot adjustment this works perfectly.
    Thanks. It may have to do.

BTW You guys are obsessed with knives and it is rubbing off on me.(LOL) And I don't even live in the country anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by MCM View Post
    Its not worth leaving marks or worse stripping the head. You buy these once. And you can forget about it.
    The 7 Pc Set T6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 15, & T20 is only $17.30 and works on most any folding knife.

http://www.wihatools.com/300seri/371serie.htm
    Are you referring to #36392 ? Thanks.

Spyderco Forum Registered User David Lowry's Avatar
    I have had to replace my Husky set about 6 times. I just went to replace it a week ago and they don't even carry it anymore. The store assistant told me that they discontinue stuff all the time that breaks a lot. They carry one that looks different. It is not a "screwdriver" it's more of a "key set" if you know what I mean.

I didn't originally care about having to replace them but it sucked because the tool was made so crappy. The T6 was the only one I would have problems with and after a few months it would just strip out or lose a tooth. Same thing happens to the Kobalt one I have from Lowes.

I will be getting a Wiha set soon.

The Husky ones now look like this:

- - - -
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

My set is marked 371R HM7. Normal length. The 36392 has the same sizes as mine and maybe a lower price.
    Am thinking the shorter length should work fine. So, yes. I was pointing out the 36392 . You might even find a better deal if you shop around.
    After using these, you can never go back......... LOL LOL

I just found this with free shipping.. $15.00
    http://www.amazon.com/Wiha-36392-L-W...=wiha+torx+set

^
    Thanks for the link, MCM.