Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Husky torx set? I want to try adjusting the pivot on my new Manx 2 G-10...

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Which Husky torx set? I want to try adjusting the pivot on my new Manx 2 G-10...

Which Husky torx set should I buy at Home Depot? I handled a Manix 2 G-10 at a dealer yesterday, the blade flicked open much easier and dropped with the buttons on the locking mechanism. I want to try to turn the pivot a little bit on mine in order to see if it helps with the general stiffness. Thanks.

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    HD-74502

We have at least half a dozen of these, bought over several years. All have very precisely fitted and properly hardened bits, as good or better than my Wiha sets. However, you never really know if/when HD has changed suppliers, so check the fit before you throw away your receipt. HD has a very liberal return policy.

Bring your knife to Home Depot and try it there.

mine is all under t-12 I THINK
    Next Spyderco: Worker Sprint, Lightweight Manix 2 S110V

This is what I have just on amazon...i actually bought mine on amazon but realized HD also stocks them...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Next Spyderco: Worker Sprint, Lightweight Manix 2 S110V

Quote Originally Posted by Surfingringo View Post
    Bring your knife to Home Depot and try it there.
    Yeah, I can just cut the package open with my knife and try out the set right there in the store. (Someone will probably freak-out.)

Quote Originally Posted by swigert View Post

This is what I have just on amazon...i actually bought mine on amazon but realized HD also stocks them...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Thanks. This is what I needed to know.

I appreciate the replies (as always) .

Spyderco Forum Registered User Bruceter's Avatar
    Check out Wiha brand torx tools.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Auxiliaryjohn's Avatar
    Buy a set of Wiha torx bits. I found a set on their web site a month ago for $39.00 and it includes a ratchet handle. Link: http://www.wihatools.com/special_13.htm

Just my .02 worth. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Auxiliaryjohn View Post
    Buy a set of Wiha torx bits. I found a set on their web site a month ago for $39.00 and it includes a ratchet handle. Link: http://www.wihatools.com/special_13.htm

Just my .02 worth. YMMV
    The caveat about the Wiha suggestion is that as long as he gets a good Husky set, it isn't $0.02, but $0.02 x 2000.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Auxiliaryjohn's Avatar
    Good point :d

Nothing against Wiha, by the way, but in this case there is an excellent alternative that is less expensive and more portable. One of the many Husky sets rides in my briefcase, for example. You just never know when a knife will need a tweak.

Spyderco Forum Registered User opusxpn's Avatar
    Save your money I had to throw away some husky and kobalt torx sets they are not that good, now these one is great very good for the money and its all you will need for spydercos. Its ironic in a way but it works. Mr. Sal where is the Spyderco torx screwdriver set?

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Boker-K...kit-Torx--8073
    Keep 'em sharpEndura4 (blk all edges, brwn, FG, SB, RG ZDP, blk tac, wave) Salt1 (blk, yllw PE H1)Tasman(yllw SE H1) Pacific salt(blk SE H1) Stretch(ZDP, SB) Delica4(blk CE, wave, SB) Drgfly2(yllw SE H1, org PE,SB PE) Pingo(blk) Cat G10(blk) Centofante3 Ldybg3(FG,SB,Hwk yllw H1, tan H1, blk) Manbug (blk SE, SB) Manix2(Ltw trans blue PE, G10 PE, Ltw dark blue frn) Para2(dig/satin, blk/satin) Military(Cru-Wear) Resilience, Tenacious(blk CE,grn PE), K04 Blk PE, K04 Blue SE, Byrd Robin2 G10

An addiction to quality tools is partially to blame for leading me to Spyderco... I have used many small "bit" oriented tools in my previous "field electronics" career, and feel pretty qualified to fully endorse the quality of the Husky branded torx driver (and the screwdriver piece, with the red cap) as being a very high quality tool! It easily stands with Wiha in terms of bit sizing consistency, and hardening. I have several kicking around, and it is my go-to tool for knives.

I know the rest of the Husky line up is generally hit-or-miss, but this one is a GREAT tool at the price point, with the bonus of being readily accessible to those of us with Home Depots nearby.

No brainer.
    Last edited by mattman; 04-28-2014 at 10:07 PM. Reason: fix auto correct error.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jeremy_A_Neel's Avatar
    I use the folding Bondhus 12632 GorillaGrip torx set.
    "If you have a difficult task, give it to a lazy person - they will find an easier way to do it." -Hlade's Law

Quote Originally Posted by mattman View Post
    An addiction to quality tools is partially to blame for leading me to Spyderco... I have used many small "bit" oriented tools in my previous "field electronics" career, and feel pretty qualified to fully endorse the quality of the Husky branded torx driver (and the screwdriver piece, with the red cap) as being a very high quality tool! It easily stands with Wiha in terms of bit sizing consistency, and hardening. I have several kicking around, and it is my go-to tool for knives.

I know the rest of the Husky line up is generally hit-or-miss, but this one is a GREAT tool at the price point, with the bonus of being readily accessible to those of us with Home Depots nearby.

No brainer.
    I just want to confirm that you are referring to this set, please? http://www.amazon.com/Husky-Precisio..._bxgy_hi_img_y Thank you.

You linked the screwdriver set (red cap)...

The Torx set (black cap) is the one swigert linked to earlier in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman View Post
    You linked the screwdriver set (red cap)...

The Torx set (black cap) is the one swigert linked to earlier in this thread.
    And that is the right one. HLF, I posted the Husky p/n in my reply near the top of the first page. That is the one you want.

Spyderco Forum Registered User LC Kid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruceter View Post
    Check out Wiha brand torx tools.

+1
    Stay Sharp!