World's Best Steak

Hunter's Pub
    11269 Hwy. 219
    Hamilton, Georgia 31811

Spyderco Forum Registered User LC Kid's Avatar

Thumbs up World's Best Steak EVER!

Hi Folks!

The World's BEST Steak EVER, Hands Down, No Matter What, is in Argentina:

El Desnivel, 854 Calle Defensa, Barrio San Telmo, Buenos Aires.

I'll never forget the Glorious 'Bife de Lomo' Steak, 400+ grams of the the BEST Steak EVER, a full dish of appetizers (Argentinian Empanaditas) and a bottle of wine for something like $ 20.
    Stay Sharp!

Spyderco Forum Registered User LC Kid's Avatar

Thumbs up Best Steak in USA

And the Best Steak in USA is in New York City:

The legendary Peter Luger Steak House, at their two places, the first and older in Brooklyn (178 Broadway) or the second in Great Neck, Long Island (225 Northern Blvd), at both the Lamb Steak is Plain & Simple 'Just Superb'. A basic 'Steak for Two' meal, with a bottle of wine, salad, coffee and dessert will be something like $ 250.

But of course, is not even close to El Desnivel in Buenos Aires.
    Stay Sharp!

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    RanCo,

I have eaten at Hunter's back when I lived in Columbus, GA. Not bad.

Best ever for me is Pappas Bros Steakhouse in Dallas, TX. Voted best steak in Texas by D Magazine.

http://www.pappasbros.com/location/?id=92

Allen brothers. They ship em to your door. Finest meat I have ever tasted. Hope you don't have a limit on your credit card though. Prices are ridiculous but the quality is unbelievable.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    I must be easy to please, because I've never ate a steak I liked more than Longhorn's Outlaw ribeye. I'm a ribeye lover and I've tried a bunch of steak house ribeyes but I keep coming back to theirs. I can't imagine how paying 4x as much would get me a steak that tastes any better.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User phillipsted's Avatar
    I beg to differ, guys... I grew up in Cattle Country - Oklahoma USA. The world's best steakhouse is in the Oklahoma City Stockyards and is called "Cattlemen's Cafe". It has been serving the world's best steaks for over 100 years in the same location - right outside the front gates of the world's largest Stockyards.

They wet-age most of their steaks and dry-age some others. Nothing fancy on the menu - meat, potatoes, veggies-of-the-day, cobbler and vanilla ice cream for dessert. Plus, if you've never tried them, you gotta give the Lamb Fries a shot at least once - delicious stuff!

TedP

Quote Originally Posted by twinboysdad View Post
    RanCo,

I have eaten at Hunter's back when I lived in Columbus, GA. Not bad.

Best ever for me is Pappas Bros Steakhouse in Dallas, TX. Voted best steak in Texas by D Magazine.

http://www.pappasbros.com/location/?id=92
    I'm sure all are good places but I'll bet none are as interesting as Hunter"s Pub and I'll bet you agree

Not saying about the restaurant, but the best steak I've ever eaten was Argentine (by a Brit, in Spain - how's that for globalisation!)
    "Rules are for the adherence of fools, and the guidance of wise men".
    Techno, Military, PM2, Delica IV SG, Manix LW BD1, Chicago

Spyderco Forum Registered User KNaB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfingringo View Post
    Allen brothers. They ship em to your door. Finest meat I have ever tasted. Hope you don't have a limit on your credit card though. Prices are ridiculous but the quality is unbelievable.
    they are yummy. I grew up right by allen brothers, which is at about 38th and halsted here in Chicago- the area immediately south and west of it was the Union Stockyards. Maude's liquor bar (also in chicago) does a ribeye beautifully.

Spyderco Forum Registered User FCM415's Avatar
    I'm not a dine out steak guy but I'm def a steak lover.

I cannot shout out a steak house but the absolute best steaks I ever cooked for myself was when I lived in Australia.

Australia's beef tastes soooooo gooood.... The meat is tender melt in your mouth and the fat tastes like milk! Seriously, the difference compared to what we get is night and day. I bet Argentine and Brazil beef is comparable but never had either.

I had a Ribeye Kobe beef steak in Thailand which was delicious well marbled, probably the best steak I had dining out.
    Upcoming: N5 CF/S110v, N5 LWT, DragonFly SB, Marcin Slysz Bowie, Farid Mehr K2, Peter Carey Rubicon, Gayle Bradley Fixed Blade, Phil Wilson Sprig, Mule Team 4V

(Some) Wishes: Native5 CHIEF, Sub 4 inch versions of the Mehr K2 and Carey Rubicon, More M4 and Use CPM-154!

I have yet to eat any steak at a middle class dining establishment that impressed me. Theyre usually frozen despite what's claimed, poorly marbled and cooked by someone in a hurry. I had a damn good ribeye at a Ruth's Chris a couple weeks ago. The Bald Headed Bistro in Cleveland TN has a great ribeye as well. I too love a good Kobe. Ill pay good $$ for good food. I know most people just want to fill their gut with little regard for actual quality though.

The best steak to me at any of the chains is a fillet at Texas Road house.That's where I go when I want a steak and can't go to Hunter's Pub.

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderEdgeForever's Avatar
    Have any of you ever eaten bison and also beefalo, and what are your opinions of these? I had some bison burger, it was very lean meat but tasted good.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Spydersense's Avatar
    oops, nevermind
    Time for another !

-Matt

I have had Bison at Ted's Montana Grill. That's some good stuff. On average I think its better than beef.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blue Possum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RanCoWeAla View Post
    I have had Bison at Ted's Montana Grill. That's some good stuff. On average I think its better than beef.
    +1 - Total agree, Traveling last year spent a couple nights, and stay close to the Ted's Montana Grill. I am not sure easy or hard it would be cook. Ted owns all that farm land out in Montana, so I am sure his restaurant gets some of the meat, and with commercial kitchen - turns out a fabulous tasting streak, the bison steak i had beat most of the beef steaks.

For those that ever make it to Charlotte, NC - Try Beef' N Bottle

http://beefandbottle.net/wp-content/.../12/filet9.jpg
    Blue Possum