Thread: Bob Lum Tanto fixed blade (G-10) Sprint

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar

Bob Lum Tanto fixed blade (G-10) Sprint

Hey all. Just wondering if there has been any news on the new Lum Tanto Sprint. Perhaps a release timeframe/date? I'm sure it is still a ways away but it looks like it will be worth the wait. That G-10 looks very cool. Wouter wrote about this knife saying that it was to be a more 'tactical' version compared to last years more 'collector' version.

That has me wondering if the sheath will be kydex with a g-clip. I really hope so as I would like to carry this blade and I don't know that the leather sheath that came with the last version is up to that task on a daily basis. Especially when compared how versatile the G-clip is.

Anyway, here is the link if you need a reminder.

http://spydercollector.wordpress.com...-tanto-sprint/
    Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!!, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Lava, Para-Military 2 CPM-S35VN, Domino CTS-204P, Bob Lum Tanto Folder Black on Black, Manix 2 Cruwear, Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 204P
    Grail: A.T.R.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    If you're a little handy you can make a plate out of aluminum. It's what i did. Then drill holes in the plate to line up with the G-Clip holes and mount it to the leather belt loop on the sheath. It works pretty well if you didn't stretch out the belt loop. I'm anticipating the new model as well. I almost made a leather sheath set up for a g-clip to mount directly to it but got lazy at the end and just made a belt loop. Also for a lot less than the price of the new one someone can make you a kydex sheath so you can carry your paperstone lum while waiting.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    Thanks for that. I don't actually own one yet which makes the waiting that much harder. It doesn't look like there is much interest in this blade as no one has commented. I know many people just can't get excited about fixed blades when compared to folders.
    Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!!, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Lava, Para-Military 2 CPM-S35VN, Domino CTS-204P, Bob Lum Tanto Folder Black on Black, Manix 2 Cruwear, Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 204P
    Grail: A.T.R.

It's definitely one of my favorite spyderco fixed blades. Just can't edc it at work anymore. I know for the longest time they just hung around everywhere and the prices were pretty decent. I haven't looked into it because I have my 2. I wear it on the weekends and when I'm out of work. It's a great knife if you ask me and the grind is just so nice. I don't need the G10 version but i will get at least one. I really wish they would do a 6" model with micarta again. I know the price would probably fall in the street price of 300 at that point but i would pay to play.

Spyderco Forum Registered User v8r's Avatar
    I always liked the fixed blade Lum, but never could find one that was affordable. Not a big red fan either so the paper stone didn't really do it for me. Maybe the g-10 run will be affordable., because it looks a whole lot nicer. They could sell it without a sheath to save some on the price if they want. I am more than capable of making my own sheath
    V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one

Yea I already don't use my fixed blades enough. As beautiful as this one is, I just couldn't justify having it only to let it languish.