Thread: Wife sold her jester to her doc

Spyderco Forum Registered User jackknifeh's Avatar

Wife sold her jester to her doc

We were at wife's doctor's office today. Somehow we got to talking about knives. I tried to remember but I don't know how that happened. Anyway, wife showed him the Jester G-10 sprint I put lava-flow kirinite scales on. He liked it and asked how much I would sell it for. I named a price and he said ok. or I'm not sure. I will polish it for him and deliver it next week. Wife want's another one. I told here they aren't available anymore. I think I have her talked into the SB Manbug when they are released. I'll need to make handles and cut the Jester shape in the blade. We got home and she found a Jester being bid on now at $82 with a buy it now price of $120. All I know is I didn't go that high with her doc. He's a real good doc and he got a fair deal. Anyway, here's the knife he will have next week. Actually, I feel good about it because he does take good care of her. I wasn't going to give it to him though. I could tell by the way he asked he wasn't just asking out of curiosity.

Jack

My EDC for a while. Stretch with carbon fiber handle, Chaparral 2, Dragonfly 2 with kirinite MOP handle, Manbug with bolster/red bone handle. Super blue/420J1 blades on all three (except Chaparral).

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar
    Great story and nice-looking knife. That's certainly a fine deal you made there, Jack. Maybe you will develop a side business of selling modded Spydies! (Kinda' stinks that it had to be a discontinued model like the Jester--but oh well ).
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Spyderco Forum Registered User morgaj1's Avatar
    Bentobox has the Jester for $99.95.

Quote Originally Posted by morgaj1 View Post
    Bentobox has the Jester for $99.95.
    I've found their prices normally high but they do have some hard to find Spyderco's there.

My EDC for a while. Stretch with carbon fiber handle, Chaparral 2, Dragonfly 2 with kirinite MOP handle, Manbug with bolster/red bone handle. Super blue/420J1 blades on all three (except Chaparral).

Spyderco Forum Registered User morgaj1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jackknifeh View Post
    I've found their prices normally high but they do have some hard to find Spyderco's there.
    I agree completely.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Tabo's Avatar
    Great story Jack and what a cool doc she has there! Has she considered the G10 Manbug? I'm sure you could put some sweet scales on it just like your FrankenJesterBug. I see them going for 60ish on Amazon right now.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Soonerstate knives has the G10 Jester for 75.00.

Sweet scales you have made for the knife.

Quote Originally Posted by crow2071 View Post
    Soonerstate knives has the G10 Jester for 75.00.
    I got one from them a couple months ago.

Spyderco Forum Registered User timlara's Avatar
    Wow, that doc is a keeper! It's hard to find a doctor who will even take the time to chit-chat with patients these days, much less actually take a sincere interest in a hobby.

Here's a quick shot of my favorite Jester, burgundy micarta. Used to have the lime green one too, but lost it.

For a knife to replace her Jester I gave her the options I thought of. Personally, I think she will be better off with the super blue manbug when it comes out. After I make a handle for it and reshape the blade spine that is. Please don't cringe about me doing that to a sprint. I did that already. OTOH, I have a SB manbug on pre-order and I have considered putting the SB blade in my G-10 handle with the red bone scales. She has seen my Manbug and for some reason doesn't want one of those. Keep in mind she is the kind of person who looks at a selection of knives and when she "sees" one she likes and the price is ok that's the one she wants. Blade steel? "What do you mean?" she says. Handle material (other than appearance)??? "What difference does that make?" she says. So, here is what will happen I think. I gave my son one of the G-10 Jesters for his birthday whenever they came out. So he has one. I can buy the super blue Manbug when released and trade that for his Jester. I think he will like the super blue and she will have her knife back when I get scales on it. So this may work out best for everyone. Son gets a knife that I think he will love, wife gets her knife back and the doc will be happy too. Maybe he won't cut off the wrong leg when she has a leg cramp.

Jack