Thread: Manix 2 S110V LWT unboxed

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar

Manix 2 S110V LWT unboxed

Just a quick video, mainly to show the color for those who were trying to get a feel for what shade the blue is. Not much sense in doing a full review type video on this knife, since the Manix 2 and the lightweight version have both been out for a couple years now so shouldn't be any surprises here, but a sick combination of light weight and excellent steel in a package that slices like crazy.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    How are you liking the square-ish handles David?
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    How are you liking the square-ish handles David?
    Haven't done anything but food prep so far, which it was awesome for (could always use more blade for food prep) but it slices fantastic. I was comparing it to my M4, and the LWT is just a tiny bit thinner (we're talking about 1/64-1/32) and the handle definitely is more squarish. I'll have to go slice up some cardboard and whittle some sticks and see if it makes a difference.

~David

Spyderco Forum Registered User 78lilred's Avatar
    Thanks for the video. Keep us updated on how it holds up.
    M390 Para2, CTS-XHP Para2, CTS-204P Para2, Gayle Bradley, Techno, Bob T Slipit, M390 Mule, Southard, Southfork, Air, Tuff, ZDP Caly 3.5.

Spyderco Forum Registered User hawaiihunter's Avatar
    Do you recommend it over a Cts-204p Para 2 if I were only able to get one?
    Looking for: Grey Cts-20cp Paramilitary 2
    Green Cts-204p Paramilitary 2
    S110v Mule

Currently own: Tenacious, Green Cts-204P Paramiitary 2

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiihunter View Post
    That's a tough call for my right now because I don't have enough use with either to choose a clear winner.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiihunter View Post
    Like I said in your other thread, I would, but I also already have another Para sprint. If I were you I'd just buy the Para now while you can and save up for the Manix. They're really very different knives when you get into the details. Are you new to Spyderco? Have you owned G10/FRN before? Which do you prefer? Have you handled either lock type? Do you care if a lock is ambidextrous?

~David

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    Nice knife David. Thank you for video. I like the color. I love S110V on my Native. I didn't get this Manix yet. I e-mailed to my dealer as soon as I find out about it in March. But my e-mail went to the wrong folder. No big deal, I will get it later. For some reasons I like M2 LW much more than regular m2. And color is great.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Awesome video David! Thanks for doing that
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User TheFactor's Avatar
    Nice vid thanks for sharing , just got my manix 2 lightweight in transparent blue with the CTS BD1 blade . So far I'm loving it , I really like the blue you have and the blade !
    EDIT: I liked it so much I just ordered one today and it'll be here tomorrow !
    Last edited by TheFactor; 04-23-2014 at 09:46 PM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User hawaiihunter's Avatar
    I am now contemplating buying a regular S30v Para 2 vs. Manix 2 in S110v. I love the steel on the manix, but love the handles on the para. They should breed to make the s110v para.
    Looking for: Grey Cts-20cp Paramilitary 2
    Green Cts-204p Paramilitary 2
    S110v Mule

Currently own: Tenacious, Green Cts-204P Paramiitary 2

I hear you it was a hard choice for me to so I bought both lol .
    Edit: On a side note I think you'd be pretty happy with the Manix 2 s110v it feels pretty darn good in the hand and that blade is eye candy .

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Hello.

Great vid.

I really like the color but now I have a BD1 LW and I'm not decided to buy two similar folders as I'm on a budget and prefer to have different spyders.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    I just picked up one of these this past Wednesday and I am loving it. The light weight and pocket clip works great on lightweight track pants or shorts and when slid into the pocket of a pair of jeans the colour of the FRN seems to fade into the colour of the jeans for a very unobtrusive carry. Definitely an excellent LtWt option for everyday carry!

^^ I agree what a great carry knife ! Also very solid for a light Weight .