Thread: spyderco beverage coasters

Spyderco Forum Registered User

spyderco beverage coasters

I put this on blade forums awhile back too but would anyone know anything about these spyderco coasters I have. They are black and withe and have the all gods critters have knives picture and a picture of an old endura. Can't find any others. There is a pic online but it's from me.
    spydercoasters1.jpg spydercoasters2.jpg

Spyderco Forum Registered User RadioactiveSpyder's Avatar
    Very cool, never seen anything like those! Maybe the Deacon knows something?
    It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. Stephen King

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    T-shirts using that same "All God's Critters" artwork appear in the 1993 Catalog, but the coasters don't show up in any of the old catalogs. They could have been a promotional item handed out to dealers, distributors, etc, or something made up just for Spyderco employees, or samples made by a company that was trying to get Spyderco to purchase them for such purposes. Given that most older promotional items show up on eBay occasionally and that yours are the first example I've ever seen of these coasters, I'd consider the second or third options are more likely. I'd also guess that they are from about the same time period as the t-shirts and, if that's the case, they'd be roughly 20 years old. However, only Sal, someone who has worked for Spyderco for a long time, or someone else who received a set back then, could say for sure.

As Radioactive said, very cool!
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Spyderco Forum Registered User All-R-Crazy's Avatar
    Nice coasters and welcome to the forum
    delica ffg,endura ffg,pm2 black/black,delica sb,caly3.5 g10,caly3 sb,S90V military

Quote Originally Posted by JAfromMN
    My favorite Spyderco is the one that I used the most Today

Spyderco Forum Registered User spyderHS08's Avatar
    Very cool, I wish they still made some now. White sandstone coaster with a red or black spyder logo would be awesome!

Great score, and welcome.
    36 and counting...
    E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE , Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, Spyderhawk, Persian, Lum tanto, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly

Dodo!

Hi Dano,

Welcome to our forum.

Nice find. We made a few of them many years ago.

sal

Thanks Sal. How ya doing? My mother Danelle worked for you some years ago. We found these at a thrift store. Sadly she passed away in january.

My Condolences to you for your mother. She helped us get this forum going.

sal