Thread: Possible to use too much nano-oil?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Strong-Dog's Avatar

Possible to use too much nano-oil?

Does it work better if you use small amounts? If I soak my pivot in it, will it make it smoother than if I use a little bit?
    Q: What was the most positive result of the "Cash for clunkers"
    program?

A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper stickers off the road.
    -Letterman

Spyderco Forum Registered User Clip's Avatar
    No, it will just make a mess and attract dust and dirt. It's just like most other lubricating oils in that a little goes a long way.
    Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly3, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, M390 Para2, Cruwear MT12, Techno, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, Manix2 Ltwt, Salt I, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Forum Native5, Squeak, Manix 83mm, 440V Military, Gayle Bradley, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, Cruwear Military, VG10 Jester, Terzuola SlipIt, XHP Native Ltwt, Domino, CPM154/S90V Para2, SB Stretch, D2 Para, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris

Spyderco Forum Registered User jackknifeh's Avatar
    Agree with Clip. Plus it's one of the more wxpensive oils. In fact I have all three weights and you can mix them to create different viscosities (thickness). I mixed some 10w and 85w by 50/50 and am using it on knives. It doesn't work better. I did it to reduce the amount that runs out. Any oil I wipe off the tang is wasted oil (money). I also used the 85w by itself and it works great. Being thicker maybe it will stay between the tang and washers. OTOH, just a tiny drop of the 10w is perfect. You can go to nano-oil.com and ask Christian also. He invented the stuff so he may know more about it. Nice guy to deal with also.

Jack

My EDC for a while. Stretch with carbon fiber handle, Chaparral 2, Dragonfly 2 with kirinite MOP handle, Manbug with bolster/red bone handle. Super blue/420J1 blades on all three (except Chaparral).