Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show your Light/Saber combo!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Syncharmony's Avatar

Show your Light/Saber combo!

Post up some pictures of your favorite EDC light and knife combinations! I know some of you are really into flashlights as well, I'm curious if you have combinations you like to pair together? Or do you have certain combos you use for certain situations? Dressy/Outdoors/Camping/Tactical?

I just started to get into flashlights a little bit and spent some time looking for one that would be light enough to carry everyday, use regular batteries or lithium if I want more juice and would look nice. I ended up going with an EagleTac D25A Ti. I really like the UI interface, it's got a nice flood throw to it and it's superlight and discreet. So far I've only used energizer lithiums in it, but plan to get a 14500 rechargable to see how much brighter it gets.

It pairs up great with my new G-10 Dragonfly for a very compact and light carry combo that looks a little dressy.

Current EDC rotation: Southard, Paramilitary 2, Sage 1, G10 DF2, Techno

On deck: Military, Caly 3.5, Air

Wish List: M4 Military, S90V PM2, Superblue Caly 3.5, G-10 Jester

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar

Here's my prefered light-saber

My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

I was thinking of getting that Preon Ti, is that the P1? How do you like it? Looks good worn in like that and it compliments the Caly perfectly. Is that the 3 or 3.5?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    I've carried my Beta QR Copper and Spyderco Balance combo for a while now .

Since those two are linked if not carrying them it's usually a larger Spydie, random small light, and one of these in my coat:

Blake

Listing of Blade-Length Laws by State/County (Not My Website)
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Syncharmony View Post
    I was thinking of getting that Preon Ti, is that the P1? How do you like it? Looks good worn in like that and it compliments the Caly perfectly. Is that the 3 or 3.5?
    That is the Ti Preon 1 and I have MANY of the 4Sevens lights all with great enjoyment. I have beaten up on this Ti P1 and have a NIB version as well. The aluminum models actually have a smoother operation and their anodizitation is very tough. The P2 is a better light IMO because of the same operation in a pen size that gives twice the output of the P1. The knife is the Caly 3 Superblue. These two have become an anchor in my EDC rotation, they really don't ever change.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User bearfacedkiller's Avatar
    I just took this knife from my pocket and this flashlight from my key ring. This is the only flashlight that I EDC and this is the knife I carry the most. Absolutely love them both!

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    I got both of these in the past few weeks.

Spyderco Forum Registered User DRKBC's Avatar
    Para2 and Fenix TK15

Spyderco Forum Registered User NoFair's Avatar
    Old pics from a knife, watch and flashlight thread:

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    Today's combo:

I love the Zebralight SC52! Such a great EDC light, and amazingly bright with a 14500.

The only other light that still occasionally gets pocket time is this old Ra EDC 120...

My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

Spyderco Forum Registered User Reject's Avatar
    Australia. Just left of the middle of no where.

Sorry I may have got a little carried away with the subject.
    Last edited by Reject; 01-23-2014 at 05:31 AM.
    How much can a Koala bear?

Quote Originally Posted by gbelleh View Post
    Today's combo:

I love the Zebralight SC52! Such a great EDC light, and amazingly bright with a 14500.
    I gave a lot of consideration to the SC52, but I ended up getting seduced by the titanium shinyness of the D25A. I may end up having to pick up one of those in the future though, they look pretty cool. Does it run off of a single 14500?

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    Yes. 500 lumens on high with one 14500. And still has as low as 0.01 lumen low. Two levels each of high, med, and low. UI makes it easy to access any level you need. I really like it. I also have the SC600 MK2, and it's just as great.
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    very nice photos guys!
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User Officer Gigglez's Avatar
    Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Figured out my camera. My current EDC since my Karahawk is out for scales. The light is the Streamlight C4 Microstream LED.
    Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
    -Tenacious G-10, Combo edge
    -Tasman Salt, PE
    -Persistence Limited Edition Blue G-10, PE
    -Pacific Salt, Black, PE
    -Delica 4, Grey FRN, Emerson Wave, PE
    -Karahawk collector's club #015, Custom Scales, Emerson Wave, PE
    -DiAlex Junior, G10, PE
    -Byrd SS Crossbill, PE, Custom Engraved

Spyderco Forum Registered User LC Kid's Avatar

Cool

Hi Folks!

Saber & Light & Tool Combo:

Stay Sharp!

Two new purchases. Man I hate that I missed the Micarta era. Also the Quark Turbo is a great high throw spot light for it's size.

My 's:

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Sorry for the poor picture but here is my EDC.. Another Spyderco / Zebralight fan

Name:  IMAG0392_1.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  87.2 KB

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    This combo works for me.

I always heard that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, but then you catch even more flies with poop

http://sharpthings.net/chat

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45696

Now that is a user sprint Chuck ^^^
    My 's:

*Landon*