Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An idea for Sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User tonydahose's Avatar

Lightbulb An idea for Sal

Hi guys, long time no post. I got the day off and I was just browsing and i saw this over at woot
    http://www.woot.com/plus/blue-print-art?ref=cnt_wp_4
    and I thought that it would be a really cool idea to have let's say your favorite Spyderco model (cough cough ENDURA, or any/all models) as a blueprint art. Obviously the more complicated the knife the cooler the print would look. I am sure Spyderco has the drawings already for either in house design or patents. I don't think the start up price would be too much, you could just sell them w/o the frame. The prices on the site are just silly. What do you guys think? Chime in if you would want one, which model would you pick, even though the Endura should be the first print. Sal, whadya think?

Here are a few pics for those of you who don't want to click on the link.

WTC #1444 Always Remember
    Need info on a particular , just click here
    My knives
    Spydie count: a few

Spyderco Forum Registered User dgebler's Avatar
    I'll take one...Military please.

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    That's a cool idea...I'd have to buy some for sure.
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), "Mystery Spydie (To be revealed)"

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User Qcrazy's Avatar
    I think the first knife of choice should be the worker and include all patents and break downs.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    I fully support this idea. It would be some of the best "Geek Swag" you could buy.

I would say the Military or Police would be the most likely candidate for a trial run.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Thats an awesome idea! I would but one of the chaparral 3
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qcrazy View Post
    I think the first knife of choice should be the worker and include all patents and break downs.
    Great call! I agree 100%
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User FCM415's Avatar
    That's a great idea! Let's start with the Millie.

Edit... Oh, I just read the Worker idea. Yeah that should be first. Millie second!
    Upcoming: N5 CF/S110v, N5 LWT, DragonFly SB, Marcin Slysz Bowie, Farid Mehr K2, Peter Carey Rubicon, Gayle Bradley Fixed Blade, Phil Wilson Sprig, Mule Team 4V

(Some) Wishes: Native5 CHIEF, Sub 4 inch versions of the Mehr K2 and Carey Rubicon, More M4 and Use CPM-154!

I agree that the Worker seems most apt as a candidate.
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), "Mystery Spydie (To be revealed)"

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User SolidState's Avatar
    I have one, and I have it framed, and it looks awesome.
    "Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
    Sir Humphry Davy

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    That was a long time.
    Welcome back Tony.
    I thought that you would ask Kopa. Do you still have have couple hundred of them?
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    I think it's an interesting idea, but my plate is currently quite full and couldn't make the time to chase it.

sal

Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    I think it's an interesting idea, but my plate is currently quite full and couldn't make the time to chase it.

sal
    Awesome knives are obviously a higher priority than artwork...that said though, let us know if it becomes feasible in the future.

-> Branden

Quote Originally Posted by SolidState View Post
    I have one, and I have it framed, and it looks awesome.
    let's see it!
    Quote Originally Posted by bh49 View Post
    That was a long time.
    Welcome back Tony.
    I thought that you would ask Kopa. Do you still have have couple hundred of them?
    I think it is around 40
    My knives

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Cool idea. I took drafting in high school and absolutely loved it, then CAD came along and ruined it for me. There was something special about hand drawn blueprints that CAD took away.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    Great idea, Tony. I'd be up for one each of a representative model for every lock Spyderco has used. The original patent drawings for the Worker would also be great, as would copies of some of the older catalog covers and advertisements.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Spyderco Forum Registered User SolidState's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tonydahose View Post
    let's see it!
    I signed a piece of paper that allows Spyderco to file a lawsuit against me if I show it off. If/when the knife comes out, I'll ask if I can show it. For now, it sits framed next to a letter from them next to my workbench at home.
    "Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
    Sir Humphry Davy

Spyderco Forum Registered User nccole's Avatar
    Sounds cool to me, but my wife would not allow it anywhere in our house. It would be too nice to stick out in the garage either.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Pinetreebbs's Avatar
    I'd buy one, however... I sure would not want to provide a dimensioned drawing to all the low life counterfeiters. How about an X-Ray print?

Have you joined Knife Rights yet? Go to: www.KnifeRights.org
    Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.

Quote Originally Posted by SolidState View Post
    I signed a piece of paper that allows Spyderco to file a lawsuit against me if I show it off. If/when the knife comes out, I'll ask if I can show it. For now, it sits framed next to a letter from them next to my workbench at home.
    ok, you get a pass

i did a lil search and found this.

Last edited by tonydahose; 04-15-2014 at 06:04 PM.
    My knives