Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which knife should I purchase for my first Spyderco, please?

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Well I'm going to disagree and say the full-weight Manix 2 is the way to go. The G10 has a nicer texture than the lightweight and I'm just not a steel snob -- 154CM or S30V are fine.
    All God's critters have knives.

Quote Originally Posted by bh49 View Post
    +1
    With all my love to Native5 and Caly3.5 you have to grab this sprint or you will regret a long time.
    Pretty sure this isn't a sprint...

I went with a stainless handled delica 4, which I then had engraved. I still look at that knife and love it's aesthetics and cutting performance. I suppose a full flat grind is a better slicer (which it is) but I have more pride of ownership with hollow grind blades. They just look better to me and suit my tastes just fine. Gayle Bradley is up next for me. I absolutely LOVE the look of the blade, and from what I've gathered, I'll like the performance even better.

Hi HorserloverFat,

Welcome to our forum.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy B View Post
    I went with a stainless handled delica 4, which I then had engraved. I still look at that knife and love it's aesthetics and cutting performance. I suppose a full flat grind is a better slicer (which it is) but I have more pride of ownership with hollow grind blades. They just look better to me and suit my tastes just fine. Gayle Bradley is up next for me. I absolutely LOVE the look of the blade, and from what I've gathered, I'll like the performance even better.
    You won't be disappointed
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer